cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suspending plan even with enough available funds

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

This topic was brought up in a different thread, but got lost in the overall discussion.  hoping @CS_Agent  could add some insight.

the scenario is if someone has say $40 in available funds and is on a $10/30 day plan, is there a way to stop the renewal process and have the plan go into suspended mode?

9 REPLIES 9

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

good to know! i always have positive balance on my account.

srlawren

Thank you @mimmo for asking and @Shazia_K for answering 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

@srlawren@stonechucker@Shazia_K  got back to my private message, it appears using the lost stolen feature will actually allow someone to suspend an account with available funds.

My question:

is there a way to let a plan go into suspended mode even with enough funds in it?

ie auto pay is off, available balance is $50, and plan is $45?    would activating the "phone is lost /stolen feature" do anything?

Answer:

Yes, so as soon as you activate the lost and stolen mode the account will go into suspension, however, you will have 90 days in order to reactivate the services. So the answer is no, it won't deduct the $45 Smiley Wink

@mimmo,

Just the fact that Public Mobile is a prepaid service, I as a customer would expect that if I have a balance, my plan will go through the renewal process.

I know other services have the ability to pause with a balance, but that isn't a feature here - nor would I expect it to be.  I do understand the desire to have the ability though.

mimmo

@mimmo wrote:

This topic was brought up in a different thread, but got lost in the overall discussion.  hoping @CS_Agent  could add some insight.

the scenario is if someone has say $40 in available funds and is on a $10/30 day plan, is there a way to stop the renewal process and have the plan go into suspended mode?

@CS_Agent are you able to give any solutions for this or do i need to send you a private message asking the same thing?

srlawren

@computergeek541 yes, we get that.  i think you're missing the spirit of the question.

The scenario is:  I have a plan that costs $X / 30 days, let's say the $10 plan for simplicity.  Being well organized, I have made some manual top-up(s) on my account and loaded up my Available Funds balance to cover the next several months--let's go wtih @mimmo's example again and say I loaded $40 into my Available funds yesterday. Then today I get an unexpected call that will requrie me to leave the country for, let's say 2 months.  I won't be able to use the service at all while away, of course.  But right now my account has enough funds that even if I turned off AutoPay, for the next four 30 day periods, it would keep renewing, whether I want it to or not.

This is the scenario at the heart of the question, and I don't think there is a good workaround/solution for this scenario yet.

The only one I can think of is if you happen to have family member(s) that use PM and aren't leaving the country with you, you can request the moderators to move your available funds balance to that other person.  You'd have to work it out with that family member as to if and how they repay you for it--maybe they give you the whole hypothetical $40 back in cash/e-transfer as a way to help you out of the jam--or maybe you work it out that they can give you $20 so it's a win-win where you don't loose the full amount and they get some extra "free" credit.  Or whatever, that's up to you.  The point would be to not waste all the availble funds by having your own line renew at a time when you won't be able to use it at all.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@popping wrote:

@MoreYummy

PM suspension is different than other provider

1.  There is no charge while your PM number is suspensed.

2.  When you start your number again, your are on the same plan before suspension.(Correct me if I am wrong)

For an example, Koodo charges $15/m while on seasonal hold.  If you have an old plan not longer offered, when you come back from vacation, you need to get a current market plan.

Public Mobile is different in the sense that they do not offer any types of seasonal hold.  So while a Public Mobile customer would have to top up the account to resume service, there's no need to change to a current in-market plan.  If the account has been suspended for 90 days, it will be automatically closed.

popping

@MoreYummy

PM suspension is different than other provider

1.  There is no charge while your PM number is suspensed.

2.  When you start your number again, your are on the same plan before suspension.(Correct me if I am wrong)

For an example, Koodo charges $15/m while on seasonal hold.  If you have an old plan not longer offered, when you come back from vacation, you need to get a current market plan.

@mimmo

Thank you for asking this question.  Let hope the mod_team see this thread and provide an answer.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

So you want a new feature that works in similar situation!? 

It is just like a travel temporary suspension from other provider.

Need Help? Let's chat.