cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card

qw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I left my cell phone out of town. It will be least two weeks before I get it back. In the meantime I would like to order a new SIM card and insert it in my old cell phone. My question is: can I use my existing account to add this new SIM card. Or- can I have the same number on two different cell phone?

9 REPLIES 9

qw

Thanks for your help

So you will be simply move your new SIM card to your normal phone once you catch up with it or it catches up to you. The old one will then be garbage. As mentioned, hopefully you can go out and pick up a SIM card ASAP as you may have a bit of a wait for a moderator as well. If you can get the card quickly, contact moderators initially before to you go to get the card. The first reply from them will be to verify your account so hopefully you have that reply back from them to respond to once you are with the new SIM card.

AE_Collector

qw

Thanks for your help.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@qw wrote:

I left my cell phone out of town. It will be least two weeks before I get it back. In the meantime I would like to order a new SIM card and insert it in my old cell phone. My question is: can I use my existing account to add this new SIM card. Or- can I have the same number on two different cell phone?

@qw wrote:

@qw 

To add to @Triguy and @darlicious posts, once you activate/swap a new SIM card to your phone number/account, you cannot use the old SIM card any longer (it will not be able to be used again under your phone number or any other account).

@qw 

Do not order your sim card from pm as they cannot guarantee their delivery times and can take up to 3 weeks. Either purchase it at a local retailer or if you have an amazon prime membership you can get 2 day shipping. Amazon currently has them on sale for $5. If you live in the Toronto area you can get them at Canadian Cell supplies for $4.99.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@qw  , please note that if you order it from PM online, it might take long to receive the SIM card, could be as long as 3 or 4 weeks.

For quicker turnaround, you might want to order from Amazon if you have Prime membership, or you can get it locally from kiosks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

your Account Status: Active or Suspended !

i think you can buy it the new SIM card from store is better for you and fast way to getting don't buy it online is take a long time,

Stores near you visit HERE ,

or buy it online visit HERE , or Pickup 1-2 Hours.

Reactivate A Suspended Plan

Missed a payment? After your plan expires, all you need to do is top-up your balance to keep the current plan going. You have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

when getting new sim card and have to contact customer service by Moderator Team to the can swap it for you

you have to Submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team,

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

@qw 

Once you purchase the new sim card and have the moderators swap it in your account your original sim card will be deactivated. Your phone number can only be registered to one sim card at any one time.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can keep the same phone number.  After you get a new sim, you will need to contact a moderator to change your sim on your account.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

Need Help? Let's chat.