cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card

shryn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My cell phone will not allow me to make call or text keeps showing no access to the network, is the problem with my sim card, do I need to order a new one and if so how do I go about that.

8 REPLIES 8

@shryn 

To reset your network settings
  1. From the Home screen, navigate: Apps. > Settings > Backup and reset. ...
  2. Tap Reset network settings.
  3. Tap Reset Settings.
  4. If applicable, enter the PIN, password, fingerprint or pattern then tap Reset Settings again to confirm.

Restart your phone. Let us know if you require more help. Thanks.

shryn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

sghi547c Samsung Galixy

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you port (transfer) your phone# ?  Did you switch from a previous provider ?  If so it maybe locked and you would need to contact them to unlock it

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@shryn wrote:

My cell phone will not allow me to make call or text keeps showing no access to the network, is the problem with my sim card, do I need to order a new one and if so how do I go about that.

@shryn 

1. Are you a new customer?
  2. Has it worked in the past
  3. What happens when you dial *611

Help us, help you! 🙂

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@shryn You could try a network reset. Thanks. If we know the make and model of your phone we can give you more targeted help. Welcome to PM. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@shryn Did you try restarting your phone? Can you test the sim in another phone? Thanks. Did you port your number?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Your phone is probably locked

Try restarting with the sim inside

Can you try your sim in a phone that works with Telus

You can also go to Telus koodo store

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@shryn  you probably need to reset your phone and network settings. Or back up all thats on your phone and dona factory reset. Then when restarting it go into network settings and set it to Public Mobile. 

Did you just recently port? If you did it could take up to 3hrs on a cell and 5 days by voip to do the complete transfer. 

Need Help? Let's chat.