Nilde
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

lost my sim card, and got a new sim, and would like to activate,

in self service not available, 

need help with to register to my account and number 

13 REPLIES 13

@Jubes1991 wrote:

how can i get a ticket to swap my sim card

After going to  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html , type 'sim card swap".

Jubes1991
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how can i get a ticket to swap my sim card

Whatever @dabr 

Who 'poked' first?

@HALIMACS wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

Hmmm, thanks @dabr for being on top of that. 

I added the slight possibility that the OP may not be an existing customer, re their mention of "activate" a new SIM card.

I don't know why I feel the need to defend my reply... oh well.

@HALIMACS    Yep you did add that little bit extra that wasn't directly mentioned, but links to moderators had already been also posted earlier.

TBH I rarely (or ever) call anyone out for repeating stuff long after it's already been posted, usually because it's normally users who are new to forums when it happens.  

The answer I gave was moreso driven toward whether the OP is (or isn't) a new customer looking to activate a new SIM, and providing that it's a recent change in process from a purely self-serve function to a Moderator assisted function. (for customer protections...)

@Nilde    Your question was adequately answer by @Anonymous , the FIRST reply in this thread.  If you elected to contact the Moderator to get your issue resolved, you should grant @Anonymous the accepted solution to this thread - not anyone following who substantially offered the same advice.

Better, @dabr ?   Next time, try to develop the courage to Private Message me directly, and I may (or may not) elect to reply if I feel it worthy of such...  🙄

Hmm....interesting reply...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like my grade school report cards...adequate 🙂

@dabr wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

I added the slight possibility that the OP may not be an existing customer, re their mention of "activate" a new SIM card.

@HALIMACS    Yep you did add that little bit extra that wasn't directly mentioned, but links to moderators had already been also posted earlier.

TBH I rarely (or ever) call anyone out for repeating stuff long after it's already been posted, usually because it's normally users who are new to forums when it happens.  

The answer I gave was moreso driven toward whether the OP is (or isn't) a new customer looking to activate a new SIM, and providing that it's a recent change in process from a purely self-serve function to a Moderator assisted function. (for customer protections...)

@Nilde    Your question was adequately answer by @Anonymous , the FIRST reply in this thread.  If you elected to contact the Moderator to get your issue resolved, you should grant @Anonymous the accepted solution to this thread - not anyone following who substantially offered the same advice.

Better, @dabr ?   Next time, try to develop the courage to Private Message me directly, and I may (or may not) elect to reply if I feel it worthy of such...  🙄

@HALIMACS wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

@Nilde 

If you are an existing customer, in order to protect customers from SIM swap fraud, public mobile has temporarily disabled all online SIM swaps through Self-serve as of March 8th.

To change your SIM card, please submit a ticket here

@HALIMACS   Hmm....hasn't that already been mentioned by everyone who posted several minutes ago, along with links to contact moderators?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Nilde 

If you are an existing customer, in order to protect customers from SIM swap fraud, public mobile has temporarily disabled all online SIM swaps through Self-serve as of March 8th.

To change your SIM card, please submit a ticket here

[  EDIT:   As initially provided by @Anonymous ...  ] 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Nilde wrote:

lost my sim card, and got a new sim, and would like to activate,

in self service not available, 

need help with to register to my account and number 

@Nilde    You'll need to contact moderators for the SIM swap as that has been disabled from the self serve account for the time being.

Submit a ticket via chatbot and follow prompts here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Second option if unable to submit your ticket is to private message Moderator_Team here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You can also read this announcement by PM regarding SIM changes:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Nilde  you need to open a ticket with Mod to swap SIM, here is the direct link to create the request:

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/-H7DB-

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nilde : So you saw the result of the old Change SIM page. Did you read it? Dumb that they didn't make the link clickable but go to publicmobile.ca/chatbot and then type sim card swap and then click Contact us and then click Click here to submit a ticket.

Or click on the cartoon quote button lower right and do the same steps.

Need Help? Let's chat.