cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card change

Rickdeschenes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I curently have a Samsung android phone with a large mobile SIM card but I wish to change to an IPhone with the smaller mobile SIM card. How do I obtain one?
11 REPLIES 11

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^How do you know I didn't educate the OP? Are you the OP with two user names? It sure seems like it

the1nonly214
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That is your problem right there you don't think. Once again very condescending with your replies. You need to get your attitude checked there is zero reason for your rudeness especially when no one initiated any trouble with you. You didn't educate anyone by stating "why do you think it's rocket science" you just made yourself seem like a pompous jerk.

chukdefatey
^OK Newbie, I don't think it was belittling at all. It was eduatucating someone.

the1nonly214

@chukdefatey

You do not need to belittle someone for not knowing something you presume is "common knowledge" get off your high horse this community is to help educate clients by sharing our knowledge not ridicule them. @Rickdeschenes Please know not all members are here to be pompous, feel free to come back with questions a majority of members won't talk down to you and can provide a lot of adaquate advise.

chukdefatey

@Rickdeschenes wrote:

you can cut the things to size?

Why do you think it's Rocket Science? By looking at the sim you can tell the actual metal part is the same for all sims, its the side that are bigger so you simply cut it to make it fit.

chukdefatey
^Its actually a lot easier to cut with scissors then with a Sim cutter. I have a Sim cutter which I never use. Sim cutter leaves the sides rough which you then have to file where with scissors it's a piece of cake.

the1nonly214

yes you can cut to size, I recommend a flea market or an independant cell phone shop. If you aren't in a hurry order a sim cutter off eBay its not too expensive and you can do it yourself.

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@Rickdeschenes,

I posted you the official way to obtain a replacement SIM card.

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Rickdeschenes

What happened when you tried the steps @Cyber posted?

Rickdeschenes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
They are in "beta" mode or something so I can't seem to get a SIM card that way,

you can cut the things to size?

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@Rickdeschenes,

Public Mobile does not have stores.

The fastest way is to have your actual SIM card cutted to the new size of your phone. Some shops do it for you with a precision cutter.

OR

How to request a FREE replacement SIM card by email ?

Click on this link : https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/contact-us

Then, at the bottom right of the page, click on "Email away" button.

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

- Choose "

Important: Make sure you provide us a full mailing address, an alternate contact number, and the size of the SIM card (Nano/Standard/Micro) needed. Is should look like this:

Replacement SIM.png

All SIM card replacement orders will be processed within two business days, but it may take up to 7 business days to receive your new SIM.

If you did not receive your SIM card within the timeframe, please check your mailbox before sending us an email.

Once you receive your replacement SIM card, you have to update your SIM card number on your account by login to your self serve account, then click on "Change SIM card number"

Need Help? Let's chat.