cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should public mobile be worried about lucky mobile ????

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

14 REPLIES 14

@gblackma wrote:

Actually, should be more worried about this https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/rogers/chatr-nationwide-3g-plans-migration-lte/   . 

@Felixbthe1 fyi Lucky is owned by Bell.

That's not really any different that what Public Mobile is doing now. The LTE data speeds at Chatr will be throttled, although it would be interesting to see if that speed will still be set to 3Mbps.

Felixbthe1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No, it all comes down to wants and needs,everyone is different, cheers

Felixbthe1

Bell sucks eh @gblackma so that would be Unlucky mobile lollll

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I thought we were already on LTE but at 3mbps speeds? which people confuse with 3G my device says LTE or even LTE+ at times, except in a call that will change to just 4G

either way the speeds seem just as well. i couple things take longer recently but with the network being so much more used, it makes sense

Ive also heard, though no research put into it on my part, that 5G is harmful for health (something with the towers?) and may never happen? I guess  well see... 

@gblackma, that's funny. I click on the link that you placed in the post. And while I am reading the article, the ad that pops open is Public Mobile right under it!

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 12.41.51 AM.png

Actually, should be more worried about this https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/rogers/chatr-nationwide-3g-plans-migration-lte/   . 

@Felixbthe1 fyi Lucky is owned by Bell.

Felixbthe1

They are in direct competition and share the same network, Telus i believe. Promotions and prices will generally be the same, both having their own perks.

Canlan54a
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Another bonus with PM is that it's NOT B(h)ell!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

All competitors should be worried about each other.  While both are tier 3 providers, they are not identical.  Lucky has the advantage of "unlimited data", Public Mobile has the advantage of greater rewards and thus lower overall price.  Different customers will value each differently.  

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Lucky seems to have more promotions recently. But most of the time pm and lm seem to tango pretty well.

Rewards are unmatched, there pm wins. Cs and 'unlimited' is on lm side. So it's really down to each person needs and preferences. I wouldn't switch for either cs or unlimited as I'm perfectly happy with mod response times and the communication methods. I've been waiting for over 2 hours on the phone and (I never go to bathroom with the phone) got disconnected for stepping away for two minutes. I'm fine with the message. Also for the unlimited, I happen to have home internet so I really can manage. But everyone had their own preferences and needs, so.. 

You really can't win them all

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

I just had a friend switch to Public Mobile from Lucky Mobile. The coverage is great with PM which is owned by Telus. The cost of the plans at PM are very reasonable and you can pay a fraction of the price through referrals, loyalty program and community participation.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519 Why? In the long run, PM still wins regarding savings.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519  why? Does lucky mobile have a promotion now? Thanks.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519  Public and Lucky are competitors that share the same network. One closely watches the other and they compete on price and features.

Need Help? Let's chat.