cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

settings for iphone 6, voicemail after porting

neo911
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi,

I just ported to PM from Wind. 🐵 The setup was pretty simple and straighforward.

I have following queries about settings:

1. I am currently using an Iphone 6. My LTE data network is also active. However when I try to update my APN setting I do not get the APN settings page like I always got with other carriers. I can only see

APN: isp.mb.com

Username:

Password:

Apart from this there are no other options to enter other apn settings or update them. Is this the standard APN for iphone ?

2. Voicemail greeting: I want to maintain the automated VM greeting of 'you have reached voicemail no. XXX-XXX-XXXX....' I do not want to record the number in my voice or my name. Is that possible ? I saw couple of posts earlier about an 'option 6' when changing the VM greetings. But I cant seem to access it on my phone. Can someone please guide me with the steps.

3. When I dial the voicemail number through my iphone, it shows as a spam number (i have truecaller installed). Does someone else also face this problem ?

The phone seems to be working great. Getting download data speeds of over 20mbps on speedtest. (Wow !)

Cheers !

5 REPLIES 5

neo911

yes @etsat

i have already done that few mins ago. thanks anyway.

etsat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you can't delete any greetings, it probably means you don't have any. Maybe you are talking about the recording of your name? From the main menu you can access that by pressing 4, then 4, then 3.

neo911

Well. I finally was able to change my voicemail greeting to automated standard greeting of 'you have reached mailbox no. xxxx... ' in automated voice.

Took me a while but here's the fix

- Dial voicemail from the phone (iphone in my case).

- press 4 -personal options --> press 4- personal preferences --> press 3-access recorded name --> press 3-delete your name

- This will take the voicemail greeting to the standard greeting.

Hoping this helps a lot of people since have seen many people face confusion over it

Cheers !

neo911

Ok @etsat I guess i will keep apn settings as it is.

but for voicemail greetings. if i press # key immediately in record greeting option, it says the recorded message is too short and asks me to record again.

when i configured the no. after porting i did record my no. in my voice as it asked me to.

but now i cant delete that greeting or update it with another 'voice recording' of mine. i am really confused !

etsat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1. If everything is working fine you can probably leave your APN settings as is. I don't have an iPhone, so I can't help much with that.

2. Just press # right away when it asks you to record. It'll say something like "your gretting was not recorded," and it will use the default. If you've already recorded a greeting, go to the main menu and press 3, then 1, and delete whatever you have. You can also press 9 to hear what your current greeting is.

Need Help? Let's chat.