cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service not used

Aldo1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I join Publicmobile on December 8 2019. I bearly used the service for local calls and no long distance or data Could I get compensated and how?

16 REPLIES 16

@darlicious wrote:

Disclaimer: Caution now that I've replied in this thread its at risk of being moved to the lounge.

Thanks for the “Heads Up” Dar-LOUNGE-ish...

@Aldo1 

If you don't use the service very much but you want to keep the number and have a service available if needed then allow your service to suspend by removing autopay or by reporting it as loss/stolen in your account. Then after 85 days reactivate the plan (change it to the $15) and suspend again on or before the 30th day. Repeat this process until you need the service again.

Disclaimer: Caution now that I've replied in this thread its at risk of being moved to the lounge.

@LurganIeUk 

Hah...dont get us BC residents onto the ICBC topic! 

@AE_Collector wrote:

Was there a full moon in the last day or two?

I haven't made use of my home insurance or vehicle insurance in decades now. Who do I call about a refund?

AE_Collector

John Horgan

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@AE_Collector wrote:

I haven't made use of my home insurance or vehicle insurance in decades now. Who do I call about a refund?

Call PM about that too, because it'll get you about as far as if you called your home or vehicle insurance providers..... you may as well make just one call, instead of three! 😉 🤣

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AE_Collector wrote:

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector come to think of it, I rarely drive any more.  Maybe I can ask the manufacturer for a low mileage rebate?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

AE_Collector

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gpixel @Aldo1 

I used Speakout for a couple years simply because any unused credits would roll over each month. A person does (or at least did) have to add a top-up once a year to keep it active. It wasn't too bad for me at the time as I only wanted text and calling.

@Aldo1 ,

I agree with @kselmak, you should do some research on the 7 eleven brand "speakout". you can purchase a voucher and it will last 1 year or until used up.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Aldo1  Public is prepaid no refunds. If you are not using your services then shop around and maybe find another provider that would be a better fit for you.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Aldo1 

Maybe if you went to Rogers or Bell they may give you some sort of loyalty credit. But they can do that because they overcharge you $115.00 for a cell phone bill. 

The best thing you can do is monitor monthly what you are using in your self serve overview. And manage it each month. Or double check it every 3 months. If you are under utilizing then go into change my plan. Then change it on your next renewal date to a lower plan. 

Thats the best advice I can give you. 

Thanks for being part of Public Mobile

Enjoy your weekend. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Wow, where can a customer get this kind of buyer's remorse?  

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Aldo1 are you serious?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Aldo1 

Prepaid will not credit you anything back. If you don't need the service just remove your credit card and your advice will be gone in 90 days

How much do you use it?

If you have extremely low usage you may consider going with 711

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Sorry @Aldo1  PM is a prepaid service and there are no refunds.  They provided the service and have no control over how you choose to use it. Stay safe. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aldo1 wrote:

I join Publicmobile on December 8 2019. I bearly used the service for local calls and no long distance or data Could I get compensated and how?

Compensated for what? You chose to have a service. Whether you use it or not is up to you. You could change your plan cost down to the $15 plan. With autopay that comes to $13.

Need Help? Let's chat.