cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

robo calls

KLMcD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am getting hammered with robo calls the last 2 days. They ring once and then hang up.

Never the same #, 373 prefix. Then eg. 241 31 049. Appears to be some random phone numbers. Turned my phone off. 

What is going on ??

Cheers Ken

6 REPLIES 6

@KLMcD 

Those robocallers are often using bulk VoIP services that bill by the minute. We get free unlimited calls here at Public Mobile, so I answer them all even if just to put them on hold and put the phone down, knowing I'm probably costing them a few pennies 🙂

You can also look at setting your declined calls conditional call forward to send them to Lenny! If there's a human behind the call, "he" will keep them busy for a while. 🙂

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Lenny-the-Telemarketers-worst-nigh...

KLMcD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks. Not answering them, Just odd type of calls

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@KLMcD wrote:

I am getting hammered with robo calls the last 2 days. They ring once and then hang up.

Never the same #, 373 prefix. Then eg. 241 31 049. Appears to be some random phone numbers. Turned my phone off. 

What is going on ??

Cheers Ken

Based on iPhone settings...others may have similar:

1. Have a complete list of numbers in your contacts, friends, family, ex lovers, etc etc. 

2. Only allow calls from your contacts

3. Allow calls if someone NOT in your contacts calls twice in 3 minutes. 

4. To go narrower make some contacts "favourites" and only allow calls from your favourites. 

You can have a choice of setting AND you can set a clock for it as well. 

I used to do this BUT in the case of my MIL potentially being hospitalize we would want the call. 

@KLMcD....

it's just your turn in the barrel, I guess. Those calls are the source of everyone's misery from time to time. Just be patient and they will subside...just don't answer any call if you don't recognize the calling number. If it's a legit call, they'll leave a message.

Hang in there ...and wear your mask !!  😷

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

yes, unfortunately it happens to many of us.  

I had quiet some 2 weeks ago, too.  Seems like only that week and I am good for now.

Unless you constantly getting a lot, then you might want to think about changing your number.

@KLMcD wrote:

What is going on ??

These callers often call entire blocks of phone numbers at random or in batches. This isn't anything unusual. it's possible that yoru phone number was added to some calling list, but I would say that most people receive these types of calls at some point.

Need Help? Let's chat.