cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roaming

qiaoshuhong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm wondering if anybody tried to use public mobile out of Canada when traveling, to call local or canada numbers, if yes how do we do that, thanks.

16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mjuddi wrote:

I didn’t know PM doesn’t offer any roaming service and now stuck here in Asia wondering why my phone isn’t connecting 😩

this is too bad... PM should add it at least as an add on like US. TOO BAD. I’ll leave PM as soon as I am back to Canada. This is very very annoying. 

@mjuddi 

VOIP apps are very handy when you can connect to wifi. TextNow is Canadian too. Fongo is popular around these parts as well.

mjuddi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I didn’t know PM doesn’t offer any roaming service and now stuck here in Asia wondering why my phone isn’t connecting 😩

this is too bad... PM should add it at least as an add on like US. TOO BAD. I’ll leave PM as soon as I am back to Canada. This is very very annoying. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Roaming is only available for the US.  Otherwise, you would need either a local sim or use Gigsky.  If you have access to wifi then you could use apps like WhatsApp, Skype, Fongo, or Textnow.

@brettster99 if you are on a limited minutes plan, in my case, the $15 plan. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used.

You can also use Google hangouts and Google dialer combined if on an Android phone. 

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gblackma 

Good to know. Just downloaded the app onto my phone now. Now to try and make my plan $0 haha. It's gonna take years for me 

@qiaoshuhong  add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. You can also use it over WiFi worldwide to call and get calls from Canada. Since you get a Canadian number. Stay safe. 

@brettster99 wrote:

@hairbag1 

Got it thank you 🙂

No prob...good question though.

😷

brettster99

@hairbag1 

Got it thank you 🙂

@brettster99 wrote:

@hairbag1 

What about the long distance minutes? Can’t he call from anywhere if he has that add on?

The International Calling add-ons are for use while in Canada. The 10 Day US Roaming is for use while in US.

brettster99

@kb_mv 

Oh okay then. Good to know thanks 🙂

@brettster99 Not entirely correct. As the first reply stated, PM does not work outside of Canada unless you purchase the US Roaming package. Outside of the USA and Canada, it won't work at all.

Edited to add: the long distance add on is only valid for calls made from inside Canada to the listed countries.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@qiaoshuhong Only if you are traveling within US. PM has roaming addon only for that country unfortunately. At least, for now.

brettster99

@hairbag1 

What about the long distance minutes? Can’t he call from anywhere if he has that add on?

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@qiaoshuhong you would need to add a USA roaming add on to your plan. Recognize it is only for 10 days though. You can find the plans by clicking on this link here:

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

brettster99

@qiaoshuhong 

From my understanding you would need an add on for long distance calling so you can call to anywhere from anywhere 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@qiaoshuhong wrote:

I'm wondering if anybody tried to use public mobile out of Canada when traveling, to call local or canada numbers, if yes how to we do that, thanks.

The only "roaming" options are the 10 Day US Talk / text/data add-on options for use while outside of Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.