cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reopening account

aztec
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I used to have a PM account probably over a year ago but its been closed since since I moved away from PM. I'm moving back to PM and wondering if one of the admins re-open my previous PM account or do I need to create a new one? I prefer to open the old account if possible.

17 REPLIES 17

@geopublic wrote:

@kb_mv wrote:

I understand that each account can only have one email address associated with it. But if the account is closed and is not recoverable then there is for all intents, no account, no?

Just curious.

@kb_mv  It all depends on what Public's accounts archiving policy is. Best to submit a ticket and ask.

@geopublic Hardly meets a scintilla of requirement to contact moderators these days. Just get another email address; or create an alias of the one you want. 🤔

Moderators are short staffed during the COVID-19 quarantines, so please keep detailed record of your concern for submission once systems are normal (I'm thinking June).

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Customer-support-during-COVID-19-situat...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@kb_mv wrote:

I understand that each account can only have one email address associated with it. But if the account is closed and is not recoverable then there is for all intents, no account, no?

Just curious.

@kb_mv It's a quirk of the system PM has deigned unworthy of repair. Just part of the adventure. 😎

The good ship "PM Adventure".The good ship "PM Adventure".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@kb_mv wrote:

Just curious.

@kb_mv  It all depends on what Public's accounts archiving policy is. Best to submit a ticket and ask.

@gblackma  that makes sense. Thanks!

@kb_mv As was mentioned, after 90 days, it is gone. You need to create a new account using a new email.

@kb_mv it seems that the email is dormant in the system. Activate with another email account and contact the moderators and ask them to change your new account over to the old one afterwards. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kb_mv wrote:

I understand the 90 day account closure. What I am curious about is if I come back after a year and I need a new sim and my old account is not recoverable, why do I need a new email address? Is there a time limit before I can reuse my email or is it never??

It would seem they use the email address as a primary key to you.

iirc one can send them a message and ask them to change that email address to a different valid email address. Then you could use your preferred address.

But really...you can get free email accounts just about anywhere. Your internet provider probably has a way to have more than one there too. Then forward that to your preferred address.

Just curious.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Each account can only have one email associated to it.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry. Accounts only last 90 days

I understand the 90 day account closure. What I am curious about is if I come back after a year and I need a new sim and my old account is not recoverable, why do I need a new email address? Is there a time limit before I can reuse my email or is it never??

@kb_mv wrote:

How long after your account is closed do you need to use a new email? Just curious as if I need a new sim and my old account is not recoverable, why would I need a new email?

@kb_mv  Over 90 days.

How long after your account is closed do you need to use a new email? Just curious as if I need a new sim and my old account is not recoverable, why would I need a new email?

Your account is closed @aztec , you need to a new SIM and unique email address to create a new account. Here's 4 articles on activation and porting and the Refer a friend reward  if required:

1. What you require to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/what-you-need-to-activate
2.How to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up
3.How to port https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number
4. Refer a friend https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

Welcome back to PM. Stay safe. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@aztec wrote:

Hello,

I used to have a PM account probably over a year ago but its been closed since since I moved away from PM. I'm moving back to PM and wondering if one of the admins re-open my previous PM account or do I need to create a new one? I prefer to open the old account if possible.

@aztec  You will need a new SIM and email or email alias and activate your SIM as a new customer.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

After 90 days of non-payment then your account gets deacitvated.  You would need to purchase a new sim and setup a new account with a different email.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

You need to open a new account.

Welcome back to PM!

Need Help? Let's chat.