cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re-activite SIM card

auroradad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a Public Mobile sim card and created an account in December 2019 which was active until end January 2020. a relative left country for two months so the account was maintained. I have since purchased another sim card and new account with the same user id. I now need to reactivate the old SIM card (48 days later) but can't seem to figure out how to. I have tried to create a new ID (there is no option for multiple phones on the same account) but the sim card I enter is listed as invalid.

5 REPLIES 5

auroradad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

correct, I changed the sim card in my service Account. Thanks for the update. I will buy a new card. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@auroradad wrote:

I purchased a Public Mobile sim card and created an account in December 2019 which was active until end January 2020. a relative left country for two months so the account was maintained. I have since purchased another sim card and new account with the same user id. I now need to reactivate the old SIM card (48 days later) but can't seem to figure out how to. I have tried to create a new ID (there is no option for multiple phones on the same account) but the sim card I enter is listed as invalid.

So you have created a new account using your previous email address?  I didn't think this was possible but wondering if they allowed it as it wasn't an active account anymore?  As others have said you can only have one account per email.  You will need the assistance of the Moderators if there is any possible resolution for you on this matter.

To contact the moderators you need to click on the "?" in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.  This will take you to SIMon the chatbot and there you will follow the prompts to raise a trouble ticket.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@auroradad Did you change the SIM cards from within your self service account ? Is the original phone number active with the new SIM card? Then the old one would have been cancelled. It is now a piece of trash. You have to get a new SIM card and create a new account with another email address,  or as @hairbag1 says using a gmail alias.

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The old SIM card should still be active if it hasn't been more that 90 days since your last payment.  If it has been, then you'll need to buy a new one.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You can only have 1 account per sim. Each one needs it's own email address...although with gmail, there the option to use alias.

Need Help? Let's chat.