cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re: Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

@CS_Agent

I am wondering why the announcement thread for this promo has been made private.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Mobile-Internal/Get-a-25-Credit-for-You-and-Yo...

It simply comes up as "Access Denied...".

Does anyone know? I have not seen this for any other promo. The threads are still there for them even after they have expired. 

19 REPLIES 19

@Sher39 wrote:

I think the refer a friend credit ended before labour day. I signed up today and did not get the $25. It did work until August 31st.

The promo had stop very briefly then restarted and now runs until Sep 13. But apparently it may take up to 72 hours before it shows up in your account. If it does not then follow up with the PM mods.

Sher39
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think the refer a friend credit ended before labour day. I signed up today and did not get the $25. It did work until August 31st.

Policy changes from time to time.  They don't have to ask any of us for permission for the change. 

You really do not take the time to read things carefully do you. Where did you see that I was suggesting they needed my permission? Sheesh!

I see a change and so as a customer it only makes sense that I ask the question so know if there is a reason for it, so I can see if I as a customer need to adjust my expectations or understanding of how the company works. Do you have a problem with that?

And as an oracle, you should know better than to pass judgment on the nature of customer questions but instead looking to see how to address them... 

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@will13am the point that I am making is it is behaviour that is out of the norm for PM so was trying to get insight into it.

"Personally, I don't like distoring [sic] history. "

That is part of my motivation for asking the question.

Policy changes from time to time.  They don't have to ask any of us for permission for the change. 

@will13am the point that I am making is it is behaviour that is out of the norm for PM so was trying to get insight into it.

"Personally, I don't like distoring [sic] history. "

That is part of my motivation for asking the question.

Who cares and why does it matter? As has been pointed out elseswhere, it does not seem to matter. I have been here for over 6 months...If I was up to anything suspicious, I think that would have been obvious by now. Just take a look at the nature and quality of my other posts... I'm a helper by nature... so not interested in playing games.

I was simply trying to find a way to mark it closed. 

This forum is not exactly the most user friendly... if you see something wrong, then go ahead and correct it if you so see fit. No issue here.

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

"...trying to game the system with these useless questions..."

You're kidding, right? The amount of effort to try to do that in a black box hole is ridiculous. The amount of time and effort would simply just not be worth any "reward" for doing so. 

BTW I am a moderator in another prominent forum for a product that serves North America... I have no time or need to engage is such foolish activity. 

Such suspicious people...ugh.

It actually is a legitimate question. 2 good reasons is to: 

1. keep the info as reference material, epecially if anyone has any dispute. Without the reference, it is harder to substantiate one's position. Case in point is that there was vagueness as to when the cut-off should be, Aug 8 vs 9 as different official statements were contradictory.

2. know why the behaviour has changed? It is very odd and out of character, so wondering what motivated it. This forum is a significant source of info so when info is removed, it is a concern. Otherwise, there is no good reason to selectively remove this one thread vs all the others like it.

I could have sworn I had added the moderator_team. I have corrected that now (though in my experience it has little effect...).

If the shoe fits...  Otherwise why mark the thread as solved?  As far as I can tell it hasn't been solved. 

From my perspective, it is totally okay for Public Mobile to deprecate threads covering old promotions.  When the deal is over, it is over.  As a customer, the historical information may be of use for future reference.  But then again, unless we have a time machine, it is not like we can take much advantage of it. 

Removing non promotional thread is borderline questionable.  Personally, I don't like distoring history. 

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

You're kidding, right? The amount of effort to try to do that in a black box hole is ridiculous. The amount of time and effort would simply just not be worth any "reward" for doing so. 

BTW I am a moderator in another prominent forum for a product that serves North America... I have no time or need to engage is such foolish activity. 

1. keep the info as reference material, epecially if anyone has any dispute. Without the reference, it is harder to substantiate one's position. Case in point is that there was vagueness as to when the cut-off should be, Aug 8 vs 9 as different official statements were contradictory.

2. know why the behaviour has changed? It is very odd and out of character, so wondering what motivated it. This forum is a significant source of info so when info is removed, it is a concern. Otherwise, there is no good reason to selectively remove this one thread vs all the others like it.

I could have sworn I had added the moderator_team. I have corrected that now.

Interesting point of view!

What is you rationale behind selecting this, "I guess no one at PM is willing to address this question... par for the course..." as a solution?

I could have sworn I had added the moderator_team. I have corrected that now (though in my experience it has little effect...).

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dna2016 I think they just have a bad attitude but if you think a user is gaming the system you can report them. I remember some Oracles said to private message them and they would investigate. Oracles can also change the solution 

Watoko

@dna2016, they don't get far, don't worry.

But what I HAVE noticed, is that PM seems to have removed all the threads regarding the $40/4GB price increase. They used to be listed under the "Top Bravoed Posts" section (as they had like 40-50 Bravos). While I do appreciate a little clean up once in a while, removing all that from public view is a bit shady...

EDIT: My bad, I noticed the "Top Bravoed Posts" only lists threads from the past 6 months. I can't believe it's already been half a year since this whole fiasco!

dna2016

@GreatCanadian, if you ask me seems like @pm-smayer97 is trying to game the system with these useless questions.  Not the first time @pm-smayer97 selected their response as a solution, they did that in their last posting as well, which was also somewhat of a useless question.

GreatCanadian

And you marked your own post as a solution. Well done!

GC

MacMe

Maybe they did it to avoid confusion. As GreatCanadian said, why didn't you message a moderator if you wanted an answer directly from PM?  

GreatCanadian

Why would they address your question. You didn't direct it to any mods  nor should you  Promo is ended..  I see no reason to even wonder about it. 

GC 

I guess no one at PM is willing to address this question... par for the course...

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Yes it has. That is the point... the thread for no other promos that have expired have been removed, but this one has. Seems odd.

@pm-smayer97 maybe that's the new way forward?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Yes it has. That is the point... the thread for no other promos that have expired have been removed, but this one has. Seems odd.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pm-smayer97 I think the promo has ended, has it not?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.