cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sorry, talk is not included in your current plan." When calling long distance

ravendward
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tried restarting my phone, not new service (But added the long distance feature about a week ago).

My Plan
This plan includes:
  • 5GB at 3G Speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text
My Add-ons
300 International Long Distance Minutes

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ravendward : Well the 1 country code made me look so I had to try it. Tried calling Dominoes. I have all these old add-ons. Nope.

Find one of those long distance calling cards. Or one of the voip apps.

@ravendward  I am afraid that   Cayman Islands   is not covered under international calling

• Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

ravendward
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the reply, I'm trying to call the Cayman Islands (UK overseas territory). They are technically in North America and use the +1 area code. Any idea if this complex island is covered under my addon or if there is one that will allow me to call this area?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ravendward 

If this tends to happens with in-Canada calling, I would consider updating all your contacts with a "1" in front of the 10-digit number. 

Your experience has not been uncommon among many users and, assuming there's coverage for the long-distance call/destination, this appears to be the easy fix.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ravendward wrote:

Tried restarting my phone, not new service (But added the long distance feature about a week ago).

My Plan
This plan includes:
  • 5GB at 3G Speed
My Add-ons

@ravendward  if you are just calling a Canadian number, while you are in Canada, and you are getting this message about "talk not included..."; Turn your phone off for a few minutes, then restart.

Try calling again, if you do get that message, does it complete the call anyway? If so, just ignore the message.

I have had the a few times in the last month, and I have Canada Wide calling as well, but I was still able to complete the call.

If the calls are not going through, then contact the Moderators about this.

Put in a ticket through SIMon Bot (usually faster method to get in contact with the Public Mobile Moderators) by clicking on the bottom, right chat bubble.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@ravendward wrote:

My Add-ons

Which country do you try to call? If it is not on a list as per above message, you are out of luck; you will not be able to call it using your PM account.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ravendward wrote:

My Plan
This plan includes:
  • 5GB at 3G Speed
My Add-ons

@ravendward   That 300 mins is limited to the countries available for that add-on.  Where are you trying to call?

Here's a list of the add-ons that PM offers, did you purchase the correct add-on?

Canada Long Distance Add-Ons

We have a number of long distance options you can add-on to your plan, depending on who you want to call.Our long distance add-ons options include:

• 1000 Minutes to the U.S. for $15;
  • 1000 Minutes to the U.K. for $15;
  • 750 Minutes to India and Pakistan for $15;
  • 500 Minutes to China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan for $15;
  • 100 Minutes to the Philippines for $15
  • 300 International Minutes for $15 which now includes more calling locations
    • Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela
  • 500 Canada-wide Minutes for $5

Anonymous
Not applicable

your is good plan includes,

• 5GB at 3G Speed
and you do Add-ons 300 International Long Distance Minutes

please try this 

# 1. To get the obvious out of the way...you used 011 or +1 in front of the country code? Sometimes there are some extra leading zero's in country codes and "foreign" area codes. Maybe try not using leading zeros.

# 2. do one thing take your SIM card out and waiting for a minute and put it back and do rebooting your phone is will working,

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.