cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No Service" iPhone SE (2nd Gen)

MsDrix
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought my phone a week ago and have been using it successfully with the old SIM card from Telus while I waited for my PM SIM card to come.  

I activated my account and set everything up last night but there is no connection to the network using this SIM. 

I have tried EVERYTHING that has been suggested on these help pages (update iOS, restart, reset all network connections, etc) and have submitted a ticket but I'm still hoping to get it working before the end of the day.  

Please help!

12 REPLIES 12

You need help. The port I did from Telus to PM  took seconds.

MsDrix

I've had success moving my Telus SIM card from the old phone to the new one without any difficulties.  The PM card didn't work in the new phone from the start and I only tried it in the old phone this morning (12+ hours after activating my PM account) so I don't think that's the issue her.

MsDrix

The old sim (Telus) is still working (had to make a phone call so I tried it) so I'm going to presume that the port-in didn't happen the way it was supposed to. 

Thanks for your suggestion - I think it's definitely something to do with the sim and the transfer from Telus to PM

@kselmak wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

If the phone works with Telus it should be working with pm.

This sounds to me like unactivated sim. I was wandering really if the one sim was activated but another one used. Slim chances but I've seen it happen

But have read here...sometimes changing a sim phone to phone locks the sim? I can’t say I have ever experienced or seen that happen. 

MsDrix

The phone is indeed unlocked - the PM SIM card isn't working at the moment - still trying!

MsDrix

Thanks for the suggestion - I'm in the process of trying it - my computer no longer has iTunes so I'm working on it!

@LurganIeUk 

If the phone works with Telus it should be working with pm.

This sounds to me like unactivated sim. I was wandering really if the one sim was activated but another one used. Slim chances but I've seen it happen

@kselmak wrote:

Can you check if you typed your sim number correctly, I know you can't see the whole thing only 4 last digits

OP is using a Sim from another working phone. 

Perhaps SIM card is needing a PUK unlock. The new iPhone if bought in Canada should be unlocked. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MsDrix 

While you are waiting for moderator, connect your SE to iTune running from PC to update PM specific carrier file.  Then restart your SE.

Good luck and welcome to PM.

MsDrix

Thanks for the suggestion. I've got a help ticket in progress... if that doesn't get me anywhere I'll try your "lost" idea.

🙂

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Can you check if you typed your sim number correctly, I know you can't see the whole thing only 4 last digits

Report your phone lost, then found, then restart see if that helps

Most likely you will just need to wait for moderators

MsDrix

Also should have mentioned that I tried the SIM in my old phone (iPhone 6s) and it gave the same "no service" message...

Need Help? Let's chat.