cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

purchased another travel plan for my second US trip, now a second time my account is suspended?

Chris_M
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all,

I purchased another travel plan for my second US trip, now a my account is suspended?

This is the second time this has happened after purchasing a roaming package.  I was assured this would not happen again, but low and behold here we are again.

When I purchase it gives me credit for the referrals and charges the difference to my credit card.  The account balance then shows zero balance and the next day it states my account is suspended and I must make a payment in 30 days or the account will be canceled.

This is despite being on autopay.  I still have service currently but this is a pain.

Is this a know glitch? Has anyone else had this problem?

Sending a Mod a request to fix again now.

11 REPLIES 11

staplesofsteel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

FYI, the mods fixed my suspended account just now (I had the same US roaming issue), and were real nice about it. 

They're pretty backed up (took 12 days to respond to me) so if they havn't fixed your situation by now, they will reach out soon. 

ReillyWood
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
1 was the bundle, 1 was piecemeal, as I recall.

Rob Wood

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for confirming, @Chris_M.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Chris_M

Yes on both occasions it was the Unlimited Talk, Global Text and 250 MB Data for just $20 for 10 days

srlawren

@ReillyWood did you add the bundle add-on that includes those 3 services?  Or individually?  So far it's looking like it's just affecting the budles somehow, but I don't know if that's been determined 100% or not.

As for resolution, I think you will have to private message a moderator for assistance, unfortunately 😞

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ReillyWood
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have the same.  Currently in the US with roaming working but my account listed as suspended.  Wondering if I'll have any service when I return tomorrow.

Would be interesting to know:

1. Does it affect everyone who adds US Roaming or only a portion?  What percentage?
  2. Does it affect you if you add any US Roaming option or only a particular type?  We added the talk, text, and data.
  3. Is there any known workaround?  I've tried topping up the account and had some successful messages but the account still show as suspended.

Rob Wood

akcard

This is a known glitch and there is a thread going on to conslidate all the individual threads from users with the glitch. Always seems to be Account Suspended after US Roaming is added.

Here is the thread I'm talking about:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Multiple-threads-on-Issue-quot-Plan-Expire...

I will post a link to your thread over in that consolidated thread and hopefully a mod will look at it.

staplesofsteel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This exact thing just happened to me too. And I'm leaving for Chicago in a few hours... I messaged a mod about it. Arghh!

imcphers
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It would be intersting to see the unit test and system verification test plans for this feature along with the results.  It is very difficult to determine from the community if every purchase of a US plan results in false account expirey issues.

How will we know when they've actually fixed these issues?

I still think we need to have an area in this forum that is used to publish the know issues, work arounds and closes them once they have been resolved.

Rockdaddy22
I wouldn't risk buying US roaming. I'd go with roam mobility until they can fix these bugs. Never heard of it with LD just roaming.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Wow that's a bit messed up... sure hope they fix that, because it doesn't bode well for the new US roaming packages.

Out of curiosity, to anyone else who knows... does this also happen now if you add a LD add-on?

Need Help? Let's chat.