cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with forwarding my number

RMF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am currently in the States using roaming until I set up my Florida cell

which I have now done  Now, I want my (Toronto) Public Mobile  number to automatically

forward to another (Magic Jack) Toronto number.  Thanks in advance.

Here are the instructions given - I cannot make heads or tails of how to do the following.

I tried calling voicemail and tried all different things and could not set it up

what steps do I take to enable  me to  Dial '*21*' + ten-digit phone number + '#' + SEND

I also got this message when I tried to post,no idea what it means, however..............

bear with me am 74

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

Call forwarding allows you to forward calls you receive to a different phone number. There are different types of call forwarding, and different codes to enable and disable them.

Type of Call Forwarding What it Does How to Enable How to Disable

UnconditionalRedirects all incoming calls to another numberDial '*21*' + ten-digit phone number + '#' + SENDDial '#21#'
11 REPLIES 11

RMF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think I already posted this but I can't find it so if it's a duplicate I apologize I want to thank everybody for their replies I haven't had a chance to try everything because I have Workmen in my apartment right now and because I'm 74 it takes all my concentration to figure out what everybody is talking about so thank you in advance and I'll let you know how it goes when I have a chance to do it

@darlicious wrote:

I would make sure this is the correct procedure by having @Nezgar confirm it.

You've got it! It would be as simple as plugging in the replacement SIM into a phone that's in Canada as you describe.

@RMF 

If everything above made sense to you.....and you have tried everything except trying to do it because you have not purchased a US roaming add on I believe your other option would be to have a friend or family member purchase a new sim card ( do not activate it). Have them send you the sim card # (they keep the card) and you would then contact the moderators and have them change the sim card # in your account.

Your friend or family member would then insert the sim card in a phone (ie. theirs) and perform the call forwarding procedure to your magic jack number. They could then remove the sim card and keep it safe until you return to Canada and you would then retrieve the sim card from them to continue your pm service by inserting it in your phone. I would make sure this is the correct procedure by having @Nezgar confirm it.

A new pm sim card can be ordered and shipped by Canadian Cell Supplies within 5 business days in Canada for an average price of $3. If your friend or family live in Toronto the sim card can be picked up in North York or Mississauga the same day as purchase.

If changing call forwarding works in the US, it will require a US "talk" roaming add on if it's going to let you set it at all...

If so, once the phone has registered with a US tower, a US talk roaming addon will probably need to be kept active to keep it forwarding calls until back in Canada.

I suspect forwarding only to work to a Canadian number while in the US, but again that would be good to hear results from the field.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo : I would _maybe_ give the possibility that forwarding to a US number might work. But I would find it very unlikely that one could forward to a Canadian number. We know we can't forward normally to a US number.

But I can also be prepared to stand corrected.

So how about it @RMF ? Try it with the 1 in front from where you are. Never any harm in trying. Odder things happen around here.

Edit: I'm gonna go back to saying no with will13am. Call forwarding breaks if the phone with the account SIM in it is on when it hits a US tower. It's a test worth trying still to verify it, but again, I doubt it.

@mimmo wrote:

@will13am  I'm 99.9% sure @I did it in the USA last time I was there.

The forwarding is registered on the home network.  I am not sure how the roaming network communicates with the home network to change the forwarding number.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am  I'm 99.9% sure @I did it in the USA last time I was there.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Call forwarding can only be set when connected to the home network.  This has to be done while in Canada.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well...I doubt it but how about *21*19876543210# go

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RMF  what phone are you using?

In android click on dialer then the 3 lines then click setting them find forwarding and change to the number you want.

it can be done from USA.

Edit here is a link https://www.androidauthority.com/call-forwarding-android-870778/

I'm sure there is a similar method for iOS 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RMF : I would be pretty sure that a phone with that account SIM in it would need to do that while it's in Canada.

That html message was that you copy/pasted from a page. Ignore it. It fixes itself.

Need Help? Let's chat.