cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting number from WIND

darvishyu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought a SIM and try to activate the SIM online, but there's an "Alternate Phone Number Regex Help" issue kept showing up. Can someone help me with this issue? 

P.S. If I'm switching my phone from WIND to Public Moblie, do I have to contact WIND first?

15 REPLIES 15

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@darvishyu This seems to be a common error from some other threads, below is one that was solved.  The mod provided the answer.  Have a read and maybe contact shazia for help.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Alternate-Phone-Number-Regex-Help/m-p/...

EltonB
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
@darvishyu Not sure there are any PM stores. Just go to Contact Us link on PM page and check if they cover you topic. Apart from that, hopefully someone will let you know how to pm a mod, coz I'm new myself. Hope you get the help gou need!

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@darvishyu Unfortunately you're not going to find a PM store, that's what keeps PM so competitive things like lower overhead costs than the big boys.

darvishyu

@EltonB I tried all format that come out of my head(with/without spaces or lines), my number, my siblings number.. and so on, It just didnt work out.

Is it the case that I need to go to one of the Public Moblie retail store and ask them to activate for me? Since I'm not a Public Moblie user yet.  

EltonB
@darvishyu Can you try just putting the number without any spaces or lines? I did that yesterday for the alternate number. Trying doesnt hurt!

darvishyu

@teknowiz Here's my seneario, I purchased the Public Moblie SIM card and tried to active it online, everything went well utill the "Alternate Phone:" part, no matter which number I input( I tried to use my current moblie number and my sister's number) it just kept showing "Alternate Phone Number Regex Help"... 

darvishyu

@EltonB It's ok, I saw there were some posts with similar problem like mine and staff would help them out, I guess just wait for one of the staff to sort out the issue.Anyways.....EltonB Thanks for ur helping 

teknowiz

I ported out my Wind line yesterday and just entered my home voip line number for alternate and it worked fine. Number ported in about 30 min.

EltonB
@darvishyu Sry then! Maybe its a glitch in the system! If you navigate PM page, you will see that there is a direkt place to ask directly PM mods for any problem, if gou cant find help here. Not sure where it is, but I saw it before and pretty sure you can find it. Just email them!

darvishyu

@EltonB I just tried... but it still didn't work out 😞

EltonB
@darvishyu I dont see any posts from you so I guess it worked. Let us know!

EltonB
@darvishyu Sorry man, my bad! I remembered now what I did. Before you ask further for help, please try this and let us know. I didnt leave if blank but I put same number as the one I ported successfully. After porting it, in my account shows nothing for alternate number. Try this first and pretty sure gonna be ok coz it worked for me. Sorry again!

meekju1339
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mary_M will need to look into this for you

Welcome to public mobile 🙂

darvishyu

@EltonB I paid my bill already, and for the "alternate phone" section is a must fill out section... I couldn't leave it empty..

EltonB
@darvishyu Hi man! I ported my number yesterday from Mobilicity and left that line empty. Make sure you have paid all your bills with Wind mobile, like windtab etc. I didnt have an issue like that even that I left the line empty. I just wrote my Mobilicity acc. number , and my name. Hope this helps!
Need Help? Let's chat.