cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting koodo number

poutinecity
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Shazia_K I successfully activated my account with a temporary phone number.  I want to port my Koodo phone number as soon as possible.  Is it safe to port my number using self serve, or do you need to do it manually for me?

7 REPLIES 7

@poutinecity wrote:

Thanks again for all your help.  It worked through self serve.  You guys are the best!

Great to hear. 

Welcome to Public Mobile. 

poutinecity

Thanks again for all your help.  It worked through self serve.  You guys are the best!

meekju1339
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No worries mate, it is completely safe to port it yourself as long as you used a different email to set this up then the one you used for koodo. 

Have a good day and enjoy public mobile 🙂

@poutinecity wrote:

I don't mind doing it myself, but the warning message when I first signed up freaked me out a little.  Maybe I'll wait for the mods to chime in.

The warning tells you to activate with new number and then request to port in from self-serve. So, that is exactly what you're doing. 

You can search the community "koodo port in" or something like that to see users feedback.....and even if something happens, staff member will be able to fix the issue. 

poutinecity

I don't mind doing it myself, but the warning message when I first signed up freaked me out a little.  Maybe I'll wait for the mods to chime in.

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..

you could try to do it yourself, but at the moment it would probably be better to ask 1 of the mods to do it...just to be safe........

cheers

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Make sure you are using alternate email and not same as the one you used on koodo account. 

Yes it is safe as long as you don't use same email and port in after successfully activating with temporary number. 

Need Help? Let's chat.