benim
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

can i keep my number if i switch to public mobile

7 REPLIES 7

@surreyboz wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@benim wrote:

And if you're coming from Rogers/Fido/Chatr then make sure the phone will work here by checking it with willmyphonework.net .

And certainly if bringing it from some other country.

Bad Advice  A Rogers, Fido & Chatr phone doesn’t need to be checked. As long as it’s unlocked it will work.  

This isn't right.  There are many phones being used on the Rogers network that are not compatible with Public Mobile.  There are even devices that were sold by Rogers, Fido, and, Chatr that will not work at Public Mobile.

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There are 2G only Rogers branded phones that will not work with Public Mobile. Most Rogers phones from the last couple of years should work, if they are at the very least 3G phones.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@surreyboz wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@benim wrote:

And if you're coming from Rogers/Fido/Chatr then make sure the phone will work here by checking it with willmyphonework.net .

Bad Advice  A Rogers, Fido & Chatr phone doesn’t need to be checked. As long as it’s unlocked it will work.  

@surreyboz

I seem to recall that they still use 2G.

It's not "bad advice"...it's not going to harm anything or cost anything. No need for such inflammatory language.

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@benim wrote:

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Yes, as long as the number you want to tranfer is still active with your previous provider.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@benim wrote:

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

YES.

but activate with a temporary number first then port your number once you are set up.

Need Help? Let's chat.