cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone not taking inbound calls - outbound works fine

smilingcanuck
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

anyone dialing my number getting fast busy or no ring.  outbound calling works fine.

Can you please look into this for me ASAP?

Not a new PM account -- been here over 5 yrs.  started sometime in past 24 hours.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

@smilingcanuck 

This fast busy signal you describe is called a reorder tone. Generally it means that the switching equipment is busy, or all circuits are busy.

However if you receive this signal often, it may indicate that the mobile provider has improperly programmed the response for a vacant level of numbers, or a specific unassigned line. In those cases, you should receive a recording stating that the number you’re calling is not in service.

If you are reaching this reorder when in fact the number is verified to be working, report it to your provider so contacting customer support and having a CSA open a ticket with the tech team asap to get your incoming calling service working properly. @esjliv has supplied the links to the CSA's.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@smilingcanuck wrote:

anyone dialing my number getting fast busy or no ring.  outbound calling works fine.

Can you please look into this for me ASAP?

Not a new PM account -- been here over 5 yrs.  started sometime in past 24 hours.

Thanks

@smilingcanuck  Hopefully what others suggested have got you up and running...yes?

Or, at least determine whether this is a phone issue.

If problem still persists with another phone, then ask CSA to check your account.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

@softech wrote:

@smilingcanuck  try to reseat your SIM.. happened to me once and I need to reseat my SIM to fix the issue  (power down, remove SIM for a minute and put it back and power up)

Maybe cleaning SIM's contact will help a little bit?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@smilingcanuck  try to reseat your SIM.. happened to me once and I need to reseat my SIM to fix the issue  (power down, remove SIM for a minute and put it back and power up)

@smilingcanuck 

As mentioned above, try your PM Sim card in another working phone. This helps determine whether hardware issue vrs PM service problem.

A few other things to try:

Toggle airplane mode on then off

Remove SIM card and put back in

smilingcanuck

not a thing has changed on my end.

- Do you have another phone handy to try your SIM there?

- I guess you did not change anything regarding call forwarding and similar?

smilingcanuck

old 12 GB over 90 day plan.

smilingcanuck

tried, no luck...everything works except inbound calls.

when a person calls me it either doesn't ring on their end or they get fast busy.

I see nothing on my end.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smilingcanuck : Texting in/out? Internet? Which plan?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@smilingcanuck 

Does text and data work?

Maybe try rebooting phone

Network reset of phone

Need Help? Let's chat.