cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

password reset request

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JonnyMango you sent me a  private message askng for a  password reset, which contained most of teh needed infomation.  I am unfortnatly not a moderator but  i did forward you message to teh mods.  after several private messages back and forth with the moderator, they requested that you send them a private message directly, as they were unable to do anything until they were contacted by you directly.

To reset your password can you please contact them directly.   

Contact the Moderator_Team by clicking here.

@CS_Agent as mentioned in my last private message to you i find it absurd that you are not able to message teh user drectly to initiate the password reset request.

12 REPLIES 12

@TairynekReply

Since this thread is in the general discussion section and marked as solved, it'll not get as much attention anymore. So for future reference you'll get faster help if you are starting your own topic in the appropriate section - or send a private message directly to the moderator team for account related issues.

The password function hasn't been working smoothly for a while - you'll need to contact the moderators for help. Working on a first come first serve basis, they will get back to you asap. We recommend that you enable email notifications so that you get their message right away and follow the procedure right away to avoid another reset time out.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, phone number, problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Edit: Beaten by @Taekgun once again! 😉

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tairynek

You can use this link to send the mods a private message: @CS_Agent, provide them with your name, account number and an explanation of the issue and they will be able to look into the matter for you and manually reset your password.

Tairynek
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

???

Tairynek
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there. My girlfriend is locked out of her account and doesn't remember her community password. She was trying to pay her bill and got locked out of her main account. We are wondering how we can get back in to pay that. I cant seem to send a mod a private message. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It is nice to know this "feature" of the private messaging system.  I have always wondered why moderators would ask a customer to message them in the community forum.  Now I know.  It is mind boggling that the moderator team are handcuffed by this terrible oversight. 

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Luddite

It's always been this way with the system we use 🙂 

Most of the time, customers who message you (or any other Oracle/super user) will have messaged us as well! In those cases, we can simply continue the conversation with the customer itself. 

FYI, The only time we are able to initiate a private conversation is if the user already posted or commented on a public thread. I know it probably doesn't make much sense to you guys, but if you could see things from our end, you would understand!

*And I have to say PM isn't really the one to blame for once - we use an external system not managed by PM or Telus at all* Smiley Tongue 

If a customer reaches out to you via private message, I would simply advise them on how to proceed to contact us directly 🙂 

Let me know if you guys have any other questions about this,

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

@MarieHelene_L Since when?? I have been copying moderators with messages from other customers for 2 years and it was always managed directly from your end???? 

Exactly how do you wish us to connect the team with customers who private message us? Step by step please.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo

thanks for the explanation @MarieHelene_L, it seems strange, but i guess its  normal in the world of PM 🙂 time for a proper ticketing system someday...

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi people 🙂

Unfortunately the messaging system we use to reply to messages and comments does not allow us to initiate private conversations with users. 

If we were to go directly to the community (and not use our messaging system) to contact a customer, the original message we sent them would not appear on our end afterwards, which would just end up causing even more confusion. The customer would reply, and there would be no way for us to know what he is replying to. 

Sorry about the confusion everyone 🙂

Cheers, 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

Man, there's some wierd s*** happening in our moderators' world. Robot Sad

mimmo

@Luddite that is exatly what i did, and have done in the past.  but for some reason this specific mod was unable to take it from there....

this was the reply from the mod that made me start this thread.  it was my 3rd message to them as tehy kept asking for the users public post etc... rather than simply looking up the user and clicking send private message.(unless their system does not allow them to initiate private messages, which i doubt.

Ok, please ask JonnyMango to contact us via a private message then and we will help him.

@Luddite wrote:

@mimmo Just copy Moderator_Team in your initial reply to someone messaging you. Quote their message above your response and the moderators will take it from there. I usually add words to the effect: "even though you cannot see it, I have forwarded your message to the moderators".

Good effort, thanks for sticking with it. Robot Happy

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@mimmo Just copy Moderator_Team in your initial reply to someone messaging you. Quote their message above your response and the moderators will take it from there. I usually add words to the effect: "even though you cannot see it, I have forwarded your message to the moderators".

Good effort, thanks for sticking with it. Robot Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.