cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outgoing calls are ok but not incoming call - switch over from Primus Voip number.

khunpark
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I'm a new Public Mobile member since three days ago, I can make a outgoing calls right away but I cannot receive any incomming calls. when I call to my number, my old voip home phone is ringging. please advice me what can I do.  I did re-start phone. The guy who helped me when I signed-up for Public Mobile, he told me that do not cancel the Primus before Public Moble confirmed that all transfer process ends.  What should I do?

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

@darlicious wrote:

It is recommended when transferring voip and landlines to take a temporary number before porting so that you can recieve incoming calls on your mobile phone from the temp number while waiting for the port to complete.

There is a reason to take a temporary number but it's not because of the above. Public Mobile has had a long-standing bug that causes an account to occassionally (but rarely) to be opened but the service doesn't work.  If a number port is completed into such an account, the customer would have no service at either Public Mobile or the old carrier.

Assuming that an activation gets completed properly, there is actually zero advantage to taking a temporary number.

As for taking a temporary number because it taking longer for VoIP or a landline, that doesn't help in this case either.  The very instant that a number port in is requested, that number requested immediately replaces any phone number already on the Public Mobile account. Incoming calls will always immediately stop working at that point, even if there was a tempoary number, until the porting has completed.

@darlicious wrote:

It is recommended when transferring voip and landlines to take a temporary number before porting so that you can recieve incoming calls on your mobile phone from the temp number while waiting for the port to complete.

That is incorrect because as soon as you setup the port the temp number will get replaced within Public's network so you still won't be able to receive calls until the port is completed.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@khunpark  VOip landline ports can take up to a week to complete. Once the port completes your Primus account will automatically close.

@khunpark wrote:

Hello,

I'm a new Public Mobile member since three days ago, I can make a outgoing calls right away but I cannot receive any incomming calls. when I call to my number, my old voip home phone is ringging. please advice me what can I do.  I did re-start phone. The guy who helped me when I signed-up for Public Mobile, he told me that do not cancel the Primus before Public Moble confirmed that all transfer process ends.  What should I do?

Thank you!

Transfering from VoIP may take about a week.  It's a waiting game for now. Continue to use your Primus service so that you don't miss your phone calls.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@khunpark 

It still looks like that your porting is still in process.  Voip and landlines can take several days for port to be completed.  It is typical that you can text and call out with your number, but unable to recieve calls or text (until the port is completed).  

I would suggest waiting a couple more days.  If port is still not completed, then contact moderator for help to complete port.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@khunpark wrote:

Hello,

Thank you!

Porting a voip number will take a week or more to complete. Restart phone occasionally to see if that helps. Your Primus account will be closed when port is completed.

Need Help? Let's chat.