cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nwoke up to no service on my phone...top left hand corner shows sos in red letters.

almasters
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi wondering if someone can help me.

I woke up this morning and my phones service is not working 

i see in the left hand corner sos in red.

no 611 for help or anywhere else.

thanks

21 REPLIES 21

Martin
Legend
Legend
Al,

I was reviewing your posts. You said that you never missed a payment. According to your self serve account under Payment History, when did you last make payment; was it by registered credit card on file; was the amount charged to your card equal to the cost of your plan; and, without disclosing it here, what is the ID number of the payment?

If you haven't already done so, pm the info to the PM rep who contacted you.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Al,

If someone private messages you, you will receive an email of that message, plus it will be in your inbox in this community.

On a mobile, there is an icon of a person's head in the top right corner. If you see a number next to the head, that indicates how many messages are awaiting you.

almasters

no other phone number.

i'm not sure i completely understand you, how does someone private message me and how

do i know if they are.

Al

almasters

Thanks again.

Al

Martin
Legend
Legend
Al,

I was just pm'ed by PM. A rep will be contacting you very shortly.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Al,

There are different departments in PM, and some have resources that others don't have.

A community team member will private message you, thus triggering an email to the address on file, regardless of what the phone system said.

Upon receiving the email, log into this community to have a private chat with the rep.

If worse comes to worse, do you have an alternate phone number listed in your account under Profile?

@almasters,

Send an email to Public Mobile.

Click on this link : https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/contact-us

Then, at the bottom right of the page, click on "Email away" button.

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

Then click on "Email Us" and fill up the form.

almasters

Very kind of you Martin but how will they contact me if my phone is shut down and they dont

have my e-mail on file.

Al

Martin
Legend
Legend
Al,

I've communicated with PM on your behalf. A rep will contact you either today or tomorrow.

Good luck!

almasters

Thanks for the number, when it prompts me to give my phone number it says it doesnt exist.

and that i should go to the community for help.

Very strange as i never missed a payment they seem to have nothing in their system that says

i'm with them, yet my phone was working as of late last night and have been here since

2014 without any problems.

i guess i have no choice but to go elsewhere thanks for trying to help me martin and cyber.

AL

almasters

Thanks for the phone number... when it prompts me to give my phone number and i enter it.. it says they cant find my phone number to go to the cummunity board.

Thank you to Martin and cyber for trying to help me.

AL

@almasters,

I suggest you to call Public Mobile at 1-855-478-2542

almasters

i have been with public since august 23 2014 never missed a payment

as they have got my credit card number when i try to log on to my account with my

e-mail address it says not verifiable yet i have past e-mails from them.

when i try to create a new account with my phone number it also says phone number 

not registered 

AL

@almasters,

Are you sure you're using the same email when you registered your Public Mobile account ?

almasters

Hi cyber.

it says that it can't verify my e-mail address

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello again,

Did you log into your self-service account to ensure that your service status is active?

If it says suspended, payment is necessary.

@almasters,

Can you let us know if your phone show "SIM card not registered" ?

Can you logon to your account (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca) and verify if the status of your account show EXPIRED or ACTIVE ?

almasters

Hi Martin

thanks for the advice but it still doesnt work.

AL

almasters

ok i will try that.

Thank you Martin.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Remove the battery (if removable) and the SIM, and check each one for wear and tear. Wait a few minutes, and reinsert both.

Turn the power on.

Please return here with the results, whether negative or positive.

Thank you.

Good luck!
Need Help? Let's chat.