cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving calls

glenslinger
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My credit card expired and I was a bit late changing numbers. I made a payment with my new card. Now I can call out, but incoming calls going straight to voicemail. Why?

Thx

glen

17 REPLIES 17

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@glenslinger it seems public mobiles system is having a hard time with reactivating services when suspended etc. 

it's best to just manually pay upfront and not rely on auto-pay. just accept the free $2 and pay early. 

chromeknickers

Everyone has brought up excellent points, such as checking if you have airplane mode or do not disturbed toggled on. I’m curious since you say your incoming calls are forwarded to voicemail, do you perhaps have call forwarding toggled on? To check on an iPhone go to Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding and toggle off if it’s on. 

I really hope this is swiftly resolved either by a moderator, community intervention or your own sheer luck and know-how. 😉

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

You changed number? Did you transfer it in? Maybe port is not complete yet

You can use the old service to receive

@glenslinger wrote:

Acct history shows record of incoming texts but not incoming calls

@glenslinger  If that is the case submit a ticket and ask PM to investigate and reset your account from their end.

@glenslinger wrote:

Hi @glenslinger ,

Maybe check with the moderators on the provisioning of your account, see @JoyLuck 's post.

Good luck!

glenslinger

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@glenslinger 

I would add a suggestion to switch on airplane mode for 10 seconds then switch it off so your phone can search for a signal again. If you are on iPhone: Open the settings app and go to phone > silence unknown caller and turn off the option.

I would also recommend you settings > general > software update and install the latest iOS update.

Additionally, you can go to general > reset > reset network settings.

On android you can try the following:

settings > system > reset options > reset wi-fi, mobile & Bluetooth > reset settings

If above does not work, try:

settings > connections > mobile network > access point names > more > reset to default

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@geopublic wrote:

@glenslinger  Check your usage history are the texts coming in? Also test your sim in another device if you are able too receive calls it means that your device is at fault.

That's a good idea but it would be strange that this happneed immediately after payment.

@glenslinger  Check your usage history are the texts coming in? Also test your sim in another device if you are able to receive calls it means that your device is at fault.

glenslinger

nope

@glenslinger  Is do not disturb on?

@glenslinger 

If you have tried everything posted above and it is still not working contact a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Hi @glenslinger ,

Try one or more of the below:

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

glenslinger

yes- account ACTIVE

glenslinger

data working. Outgoing texts working, not incoming texts...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @glenslinger ,

What does your status say on your self serve account? Is it ACTIVE?

Hit the REACTIVATE button, and then reboot your phone.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@glenslinger 

Does your data and text work?

Maybe try rebooting your phone.  Network reset.  Toggle airplane mode on/off.  Make sure that you don't have "do not disturb" function activated.

Need Help? Let's chat.