cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not able to send or receive pic thru text to and from non iphone user

mimiwong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Guys. Hope someone can help. I have a iphone 5s. I am not able to send or receive pic text to and from non iphone user. I was told it is service provider's issue. I wonder is there any setting I can change to make it happen. Thanks in advance for your help.

7 REPLIES 7

CatBlack
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

on iphone check if media is enabled in call settings may say wifi or cell data extra charges may incurr enable downloads over data,, ,definatly disable imess and use another msm

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimiwong wrote:

i do not find the group messaging in iphone 5s. the other are both turned on still does not work

Option 1.  Disable  iMessage app and just use the SMS/MMS for communication as suggested by @will13am 

Option 2.  Leave the group messaging off and you cannot participate group messaging.  But you still can send and receive SMS/MMS individually.

mimiwong

i do not find the group messaging in iphone 5s. the other are both turned on still does not work

mimiwong

i tried that already. It does not work. It stalled

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mimiwong , it is likely that you have iMessages turned on.  Try turning that off as the default picture messaging service.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@mimiwong to send text messages to a non iPhone user enable data, sms and mms. Stay safe. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimiwong wrote:

Hi Guys. Hope someone can help. I have a iphone 5s. I am not able to send or receive pic text to and from non iphone user. I was told it is service provider's issue. I wonder is there any setting I can change to make it happen. Thanks in advance for your help.

iMessage uses its own protocol.  That is the reason why you cannot communicate with Android user using SMS/MMS.  Configure your iMessage as follows:

iPhone Settings for iOS 12.4.5
Under iPhone Messages settings:
iMessage = enabled

SMS/MMS
MMS Messaging = enabled
Group Messaging = enabled
All other Messages settings are disabled

How do you know what message type you are sending or receiving on iPhone?
Messages with green bubbles are normal SMS/MMS text messages.
Message with blue bubbles are sent via the iMessage

Need Help? Let's chat.