cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no talk

LL2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Last month, when i used up my talks, my phone stopped working. but this month after i renew the payment,  it is still not working. Could anybody tell me why? Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LL2 : The timing doesn't sound right for the question but are you on the new provincial plan? Or an old provincial plan?

And if you ask the moderators if the SIM #'s don't match then we'd all like to hear that reply. I have wondered for a while if there is some other back door method that hackers are using to change the SIM #.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@LL2 wrote:

Yes,it is active. I tryied everything, still not working

@LL2    Contact moderators but also put your plan into the lost/stolen mode as suggested by @Luddite in case it's been compromised by a SIM swap.  If you're unsure how to do that, log into your account and select Plans/Add-ons tab, then Phone Lost/Stolen and Suspend service.  Also change all passwords inc your account here and all banking and any place where your phone is used for verification purposes. 

macsal
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LL2 wrote:

@LL2 ,

Manitoba - yes / no?

If no, contact the Moderators by either method already posted in this thread. I would be concerned about SIM swapping (but that is just me).

Does your data work even when you Disable WIFI on your phone?

LL2

macsal

@LL2 ,

What does your Self Serve status say?

If Active, and you were charged on your last renewal then are you in Manitoba, by any chance?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Text-From-PM-About-Changes-To-Mani...

Yes, I am wondering about that too... OP said data works.. but I wonder if it is "Data" or Wifi  🤔

@LL2 wrote:

I can not make any calls and receive calls, including 611. But i can use my data.

@LL2  Being unable to call 611 suggests your account has been compromised, or SIM card has failed. Best login to your account and suspend service (Lost/Stolen phone) until you have reviewed the situation with the moderators.

In the meantime, consider getting TextNow, or Fongo app, for calling/texting with wifi. Good emergency backup in any case.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Spudster

@LL2 

Try the following troubleshooter, step by step:

1. Toggle airplane mode off.
  2. Power OFF your device, wait 1 minute, turn on and check for signal bars.
  3. Check on account self-serve that your account status is "Active".
  4. Make sure you’re in a covered area and there are no cellular outages.
  5. Change Wi-Fi calling preferences to Cellular Preferred or Cellular Only.
  6. Set network mode to Auto.
  7. Reset network settings.
  8. Update device software to latest version.
  9. Perform a manual network selection.
  10. Check that SIM card number matches the SIM card number in your phone.  This requires Moderator assistance to confirm the SIM# registered on the account.

TheGx

@LL2 :Can't call 611 from your Public Mobile phone? You should be able to call 611 or *611 even if your account suspended...strange that your data works when you can't even call 611...are you sure it's data you using and not wifi? Try turning off wifi on your phone see if your internet work just on cell data.

LL2

I can not make any calls and receive calls, including 611. But i can use my data.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@LL2 wrote:

Last month, when i used up my talks, my phone stopped working. but this month after i renew the payment,  it is still not working. Could anybody tell me why? Thanks

@LL2    How did you make the payment to renew the account?  Perhaps you just need to click the Reactivate button (top right) on the overview page of your self serve account and reboot the phone.

Another option to try if the account shows active is to top up with $1 and restart your phone

If nothing helps then contact moderators for assistance who can be reached either by submitting a ticket via chatbot and follow prompts here: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Second option if unable to submit ticket is to send a private message to Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

However, it's a good idea to purchase the $5/500 mins add-on, as suggested, as a back up to the times when you've used all your plan mins before renewal resets everything.   Any remaining mins from the add-on will roll over every cycle until depleted so it's cheap insurance.

•  

LL2

Yes, i do have the talk minute tracker like this 0/100minutes.

@LL2 

You are likely on the $15 plan?  grandfathered $10 plan?

Do you see the talk minute tracker in your Data and add on section, overview page of self service account?  

Like below:

Pasted Graphic.png

If you don't see the tracker, that means that you ran out of minutes or rarely the tracker did not reset with plan renewal.  

You could purchase the 500 min Canada Wide long distance talk add on for $5.  Unused minutes does roll over to next month.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@LL2...

using your cell phone, dial 611 to get the status of your account. You can pay with cc or debit card but you need your PM pin number. Alternatively, you can get a payment voucher from 7-11, Shell gas or any number of retail providers of the vouchers...then dial 611 to add voucher to your account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LL2  On Self-Serve, is your account showing as Active or Suspended?

If it is Active, try to power off the phone, re-sit the SIM then power up the phone again and try .

Need Help? Let's chat.