cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no talk available

kakie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have access to my mothers cell phone account and it wont take calls  says no talk available? account is up to date and paid 

14 REPLIES 14

@kakie 

Bring your mobile and swap SIM cards between devices and try to call someone (other than each other) to see what occurs.

This way you'll be able to determine whether the problem is with the mobile device or with the account (SIM).

@kakie 

When you are with the phone call 611 and see what it says....if sim removal doesn't help and the account is active it may be a similar issue to this members....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Late-payment-issue/m-p/682350...

lol...I can't do that for you, I am in BC. Just another thing...if you contact a MOD you will need to know your Mom's information...phone #, account, email address etc. 

kakie

will try removing sim card   this in PEI 

If that does not work and some of the Samsung users don't have any suggestions I would suggest you contact a mod here

Also by any chance is the phone in Suspend status....which I doubt. 

kakie

It is a samsung  I am not with the phone right now will remove sim card restart and see what happens

Reseat SIM card and reboot phone. 

And tell us what kind of phone your are using. 

kakie

Will not take inbound or outbound calls.  Account paid up to date and min available 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@kakie wrote:

I have access to my mothers cell phone account and it wont take calls  says no talk available? account is up to date and paid 

Since all plans allow ALL inbound calls free.

Just to clarify.....wont take calls.....the phone will not accept inbound calls?? 

Or cannot make an outbound call?

Or no calls at all?

As suggested can the phone take inbound/outbound texts?

If on $15 plan with no minutes....not sure if this works but can you call an 800#. Try CRA they probably don't answer quickly. 😀

Can you check her account online? Minutes used up...what is status of account? 

If an outbound issue and minutes used up...buy the $5 two step add-on. That gets you 500 minutes that don't expire till used up. The add on minutes only kick in for use once your 100 minutes are used up "if" on the $15 plan.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try turning off the phone and then restart it.  Also try dialing 1 + area code.

@kakie 

is outgoing calls working?

I had some situations that outgoing works but not incoming.  Reboot does not help.  I have to take the SIM out for a minutes, put it back in, power back up before incoming works again 

Make sure if she see Public Mobile showing up on top of the phone or any chance is there any kind of SIM error showing.

Which province she is in?  

kakie

no  i checked and she never uses it unless it is a emergency  she is a 78 year old woman who never uses it but i had to contact her on it today and went to voicemail 

she said she tried to use it and said no talk available 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Can you text? Can you receive calls?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kakie  is this a $15 plan.?  any chance the minutes are used up? 

Need Help? Let's chat.