cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no service message

ronallan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Dear Public Community

I have had no phone service for the last few days. I have done all the basics to try to resolve it. Powered off, reset network, took sim out and replaced it, I checked my plan and the service is up,  put sim in other phone to try and it still had no service. Would my sim be damaged?

thanks for your help

ron

3 REPLIES 3

@ronallan  Sounds to me you may have been simjacked. To go along with the other members that replied here is a picture.

Green arrow.

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

  

In your account click that "Change sim card"

It shows the last 4 digits of the sim card. Now take the sim out of your phone and see if they match. If they don't you're a victim of simjacking.

Since it's been a few days these hackers have had alot of time to get more info out of you. Anything that is attached to your phone number like banks, social media, email they may have gained access to. 

You should immediately start going through your financials to make sure no suspicious charges on your accounts and start changing all your passwords.

At same time in your account go to lost and stolen and mark your account to stolen so it blocks them from being able to use the sim that they switched your account to.

Then contact moderators. Mods have away to get your account back onto your sim card that you have. Or for a faster way if you need your phone immediately stop at a Walmart buy a new sim card do not activate it* you have to go into your account and click change sim card. Then type the sim card number in that you just bought and you'll be back up and running.

Keep us posted!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ronallan : Log in and go to Change SIM and take note of the last 4 digits of the registered SIM. Then check that with the actual card in your phone. Do they match?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ronallan wrote:

Hi Dear Public Community

I have had no phone service for the last few days. I have done all the basics to try to resolve it. Powered off, reset network, took sim out and replaced it, I checked my plan and the service is up,  put sim in other phone to try and it still had no service. Would my sim be damaged?

thanks for your help

ron

@ronallan   It might be time for you to contact moderators to take a look at your account.  You can contact them by clicking on the chatbot bubble bottom right of your screen or click the envelope icon top right and send a private message to Moderator_Team.

While you wait to hear back from them you can try topping up your account with $1 and restart your phone.  Sometimes this will help reset your SIM/Account.

One other thing you may want to check the last four digits of your SIM in the phone to what is registered in the online account to rule out SIM jack.

Need Help? Let's chat.