cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no refund on switching plans early?

yvinogradov
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am usually on a $40 plan, but 2-3 weeks ago I temporarily switched to a $60 plan. Today I switched back (as in "change the plan now" instead of "change the plan on renewal date"), paid $40 for the "new" (or rather my usual) plan and was expecting to get the refund from the  unused balance from the $60 plan that I had for less than a month. No refund surprisingly - is that the way it works or something gone wrong?

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8

@will13am wrote:

@Rox_R wrote:

Hello yvinogradov, 

Actually, this being a prepaid service, we cannot speak about refunds or prorata. 

All the best, 

Roxanne, 

Public Mobile Moderator 

OMG!  I hope this is not the new kindler, gentler Public Mobile!

Wow, agreed

@Rox_R wrote:

Hello yvinogradov, 

Actually, this being a prepaid service, we cannot speak about refunds or prorata. 

All the best, 

Roxanne, 

Public Mobile Moderator 

OMG!  I hope this is not the new kindler, gentler Public Mobile!

@Rox_R wrote:

Hello yvinogradov, 

All the best, 

Roxanne, 

Public Mobile Moderator 

Fortunately however, it does appear you are still able to write. A written response to a private message, post, or ticket submission will be accepable.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Rox_R
Customer Support Agent

Hello yvinogradov, 

All the best, 

Roxanne, 

Public Mobile Moderator 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@yvinogradov wrote:

I am usually on a $40 plan, but 2-3 weeks ago I temporarily switched to a $60 plan. Today I switched back (as in "change the plan now" instead of "change the plan on renewal date"), paid $40 for the "new" (or rather my usual) plan and was expecting to get the refund from the  unused balance from the $60 plan that I had for less than a month. No refund surprisingly - is that the way it works or something gone wrong?

Thank you!

It's not to be suprising. Didn't it warn you that you lose plan and no refund?

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@yvinogradov yep, welcome to the prepaid world.  unfortunately if you want something you gotta pay for it.  There's no refunds, no proration, no call centre to talk to about it and complain.  I learned about this a few months ago myself.  I guess it makes sense when you think about it, as a prepaid company.  If this was postpaid then this is something we can complain about.  

You want $40 plan, ok pay me. Oh you want $60 plan, ok pay me.  Ohhhhhhh so you want to go back to the other plan, pay me =D  

Suggest you just change at renewal date so you don't end up paying more than you should/need to.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM has prepaid plans so usually no refunds.  If you switch plans early before renewal then you would lose any unused minutes/texts, and data.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@yvinogradov 

That is the way it works.  Everything is prepaid.  No refunds or pro-rated plans unfortunately.  Either can change plans immediately or at the next renewal date. 

Need Help? Let's chat.