cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no phone access

KAERP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What does it mean “not registered on network”…WHAT network?

10 REPLIES 10

It's also possible if the port was successful, and the old carrer SIM is still in the phone that it will switch to "not registered on network" ... in which case that SIM needs to be removed, and replaced with the Public Mobile SIM...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@KAERP wrote:

@KAERP  - hi there, were Moderators able to help you out?

This is what SIMon Bot says regarding the message you receiving:

esjliv_0-1628109425075.png

Just in case, check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

@KAERP wrote:

I spent an hour restarting my Samsung Galaxy 3, and I expected my Telus phone service to move smoothly from Telus Mobility to Public Mobile, friends recommended…and am not at all happy!

I interpret the above as you activated your Public Mobile service, asked for your phone number to be transferred from Telus Mobility to Public Mobile, but none of your Public Mobile services are working?  Is that correct?  If so, pelase open a ticket to talk to the moderators by going to https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

It sounds as if the activation/account provissioning didn't process as it should have.  After doing that, check if your Telus Mobility service is still working, as you still working.  If the Telus service is still working. that means that number porting hasn't completed and you'll need to respond to a text message from Telus to authorize the phone number tranfser.

g@KAERP wrote:

So, how do I set the phone to automatically connect to the correct/preferred network?

1. From the front screen, tap Apps.
  2. Choose Settings.
  3. Choose Mobile Networks (if your device is running Android Lollipop, you will need to choose More Networks, then Mobile Networks)
  4. Choose Network Operators.
  5. Choose the Network you would like to connect to...

If still fails, you might want to try to do a network reset first.

.. if still fails, you might consider to  open ticket with mod

@KAERP  did you just join PM today?  If so, it is possible there is a provision issue.

First, you confirm your completed the activate process online and PM got the money from your credit card ?

Since your phone was used on Telus, it should work on PM without issue.  

did you try to use manual selection of the network and pick Public Mobile manually?

If still not work, I suggest you to open a ticket with Mod.  But it's late for tonight already, they likely won't reply till tomorrow. morning.

KAERP

So, how do I set the phone to automatically connect to the correct/preferred network?

KAERP

I bought a brand new Public Mobile SIM card, and the only phone service I ever expected ,was Telus…so what is going on?

KAERP

I spent an hour restarting my Samsung Galaxy 3, and I expected my Telus phone service to move smoothly from Telus Mobility to Public Mobile, friends recommended…and am not at all happy!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@KAERP   Look like there is an issue for your SIM to connect to PM.

did you try to reseat your SIM?  Power down your phone, take your SIM out and wipe it clean, wait a minute and put it back and see

If still not working , logon to My Account and confirm if your account status is Active.  Use Change SIM to confirm if the last 4 digit of the SIM shown matches your SIM.

Lastly, try to put your SIM on another phone and see if it works.  Just to confirm if that is a SIM issue of if it is your phone

@KAERP wrote:

This means that your phone service can't be used. The network is refusing to allow you to make use of it. This can happen if the wrong network is selected, if there's a service issue, or if the SIM card isn't active.  The first thing I would suggest would be to set the phone to automatically connect to the correct/preferred network. Also, try restarting your device.

Need Help? Let's chat.