cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no longer able to talk to US callers

manebule
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have received a number of calls from US callers recently. I can hear them, but they can't hear me... Even two weeks ago, this was not a problem--I could talk just fine to US friends who called me. I no longer can. Help?

15 REPLIES 15

manebule

Yes, unfortunately...

@manebule would that affect all your calls then? Stay safe. 

manebule

I've done more testing and I think I've got a microphone problem... So it's my issue, not the network. 😞

@manebule wrote:

I've submitted a ticket. No need to continue replying to this, I guess...

Hi @manebule ,

This is an interesting one...can you try your SIM card in a different phone? Just ruling out any setting on the phone you are using.

Also try clearing you cache data maybe.

Good luck!!

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@manebule what if you try calling the person in the US? Although that would require a USA calling add-on.

Another idea - signup/install the textnow app which gives you a secondary canadian number with free calling, and get your usa caller to try calling you at that number to test as well.

manebule

I've submitted a ticket. No need to continue replying to this, I guess...

@manebule wrote:

@dabr: no dice... None of your suggestions worked. I texted my friend after powering off / removing SIM / waiting 5 minutes / powering on, and got him to call, and while I could hear him, he couldn't hear me.

@manebule   Sorry to hear nothing worked, it could be an issue at the other callers' end as already suggested, otherwise you'll need to submit a ticket to moderators to take a look at your account using the link already provided.  Good luck! 😊

manebule

@dabr: no dice... None of your suggestions worked. I texted my friend after powering off / removing SIM / waiting 5 minutes / powering on, and got him to call, and while I could hear him, he couldn't hear me.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@manebule wrote:

@RossN: I don't see a ? anywhere on the page... Not bottom, not top, nowhere. Any other way to speak to a human?

You can try this link: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

@manebule 

There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

manebule

@RossN: I don't see a ? anywhere on the page... Not bottom, not top, nowhere. Any other way to speak to a human?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@manebule wrote:

I have received a number of calls from US callers recently. I can hear them, but they can't hear me... Even two weeks ago, this was not a problem--I could talk just fine to US friends who called me. I no longer can. Help?

@manebule   Try rebooting your phone, or powering off and removing SIM and reinserting after a few mins, then restarting the phone.  Also try toggling airplane mode on/off.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@manebule wrote:

@manebule hi could be an issue with your account contact a moderator click on the ? Bottom right corner ask to speak to a human this will help generate a ticket response time is 2 to 48 hours check for a reply top right corner in the envelope

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@manebule if its only happening with US callers, it may be a problem on their end, not yours. You could try restarting your phone or a network reset. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.