cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new plan starts today but still can't make phone calls

gaoll82t
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I used up my minutes last month, but my plan starts today. I tried to make phone call, but got told that I can't. I should be able to get the 100 minutes talk today. - My data clears 0 today, but my minutes does not. 

So please help to fix the issue.

14 REPLIES 14

@Meow wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Yummy : Regularly purchased add-ons stay. Promo add-ons are at risk but YMMV.

Just my rant for today: I really start to hate these abbreviation - YMMV, LMAO... More and more people in general do not know to read/write proper English... (your = you're).

Nothing to do with you, @Anonymous though! This is just general observation...

WYSIWYG

@Yummy 

Add ons promo or regular ones do not expire with the exception of US 10 day roaming add ons that start as soon as you add them and expire 240 hours later (10×24 hours).

Promo add ons often come with the caveat that you will lose them if you change your rate plan. However thru experimentation of other members and personally 99% of the time you will keep a promo add on. But is still YMMV.

Promotional monthly plan data will be listed in your account ( along with most promo add ons) under "my promotions" on the right side of your overview page. If there is an expiry date attached to the plan promo it will display a counter ( ie. 1/6 months) or dislpay "unlimited". 99% of the time if you change plans a monthly plan promotion will disappear. But is still YMMV because of the 1%....just ask @mynewhome who accounts for the 1%.

@Anonymous wrote:

Just my rant for today: I really start to hate these abbreviation - YMMV, LMAO... More and more people in general do not know to read/write proper English... (your = you're).

Nothing to do with you, @Anonymous though! This is just general observation...

@Anonymous wrote:

Good to know promo add-ons might have expiry date.

I never got one (young member) but does PM tells you how long promo add-ons are valid?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Yummy wrote:

Do they (minutes add-on) expire EVER?

@Yummy : Expire? No. Not usable? Yes...when the account gets suspended or of course port out. Then they're usable again after reactivation (before account deactivation). I still have add-ons from a couple years ago.

So I guess we all have to wait until if and when the company closes up shop to define "EVER".

What happens if you upgrade/downgrade your plan? Do you still keep your add-ons or not?

@gaoll82t 

Although it does not happen very often.....your text, minute and/or data counter may not reset. If you don't notice til part way thru the month it can be a lot more effort on your part to prove there has been an error. Take the time each renewal to take before and after screenshots of your overview and payment history to be sure there are no anomalies in your account....and if there is an issue you can address it immediately.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yummy wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

get the 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on for $5. If you don't use them, they'll just roll over until you do use them...even if that takes several months or more.

@Yummy : Expire? No. Not usable? Yes...when the account gets suspended or of course port out. Then they're usable again after reactivation (before account deactivation). I still have add-ons from a couple years ago.

So I guess we all have to wait until if and when the company closes up shop to define "EVER".

@hairbag1 wrote:

get the 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on for $5. If you don't use them, they'll just roll over until you do use them...even if that takes several months or more.

@gaoll82t...you gonna keep the $15 plan ? Consider the suggestion provided by @LurganIeUk  and get the 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on for $5. Those add-on minutes don't get used until you reach your regular plan minutes limit. If you don't use them, they'll just roll over until you do use them...even if that takes several months or more. Good to have as back-up minutes in case you do limit-out. 

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gaoll82t wrote:

Thank you all for your input.

One of the team members helped to reset the minutes, now it's working.

Excellent! I have had nothing but good experiences with the mod team. Glad to hear when others post a positive experience too. Glad you got it sorted.

gaoll82t
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you all for your input.

One of the team members helped to reset the minutes, now it's working.

[i.e. moderator action needed ........  Luddite]

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@gaoll82t 

In your self service account, do you see the 100 minute talk tracker?  So, the 250 mb data tracker reset for this cycle?  Does text work?  What about incoming calls?  IN your payment history sections, did your payment go through?

Maybe reboot your phone if not tried already. 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

What does your My Account say? 

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 6.48.22 AM.png

Is this entry on your My Account? If missing, that means they are all used up until your next cycle starts. 

Suggest you buy the $5 500 minute add on that does not expire until used up. Actually I would suggest that you buy 2 x and when one is finished, buy another. 

Need Help? Let's chat.