cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my text doesn't work

lonewolf68
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

12 REPLIES 12

@lonewolf68  TEXTNOW. Free Canadian number to call or text  for FREE. Anywhere in the world over a wifi connection (can use data to). Also has voicemail if you're not online.

See link below that explains about it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/How-to-15-plan-Check-Voicemail-Free-Textnow...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lonewolf68 wrote:

Thanks. Only took me half hour and loads of frustration to get that answer. International doesn't really mean International then. False advertising. Should say North America. There are more nations than just Canada and the US>

Agreed. But yes in their definition it means you can text to and receive from anywhere - while in Canada. You're not the first one to be stymied by this. Lucky uses the same terminology. Chatr says it a little better.

@lonewolf68 wrote:

Thanks. Only took me half hour and loads of frustration to get that answer. International doesn't really mean International then. False advertising. Should say North America. There are more nations than just Canada and the US>

The text messaging included in most of Public Mobile's plans (including all the current plans) is international while you're in Canada. Also, roaming isn't included in the United States either unless you have price plan that includes roaming (most don't) or have a U.S. roaming add-on.

@lonewolf68 ,

Download a free texting/calling app, that can be used in wifi areas and that can be used to call / text pretty much anywhere, no matter where you are.

Fongo is a good one. Others use Textnow.

lonewolf68

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lonewolf68 wrote:

I'm a new customer I have a 7 plus. I'm in Cancun I live in Alberta 

Public Mobile only works in Canada or using roaming add-ons in the US. Nowhere else.

lonewolf68

Laready removed the SIM and rebooted

lonewolf68

I'm a new customer I have a 7 plus. I'm in Cancun I live in Alberta 

lonewolf68

I'm in Cancun

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @lonewolf68 ,

Did you just port over to PM or did your texting suddenly stop?

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for at least 3 minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@lonewolf68 

Care to elaborate?

Are you a new customer?

Has it ever worked?

What phone do you have?

Is it text or MMS (pictures)?

Are you using iMessage or RCS and not the traditional text system?

More details please do we can assist you!

Need Help? Let's chat.