cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my plan went inactive this morning

iqbalsidat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my plan went inactive this morning, but i have autopay in my account. 

25 REPLIES 25

@becbec....

sometimes Autopay does fail. Hopefully they can make it more robust...but until they do I make a manual payment to Available Funds a few days before next renewal. That seems to make renewal process happy and I still get the Autopay Reward.

I know it's not the best...but until they fix the glitch, this assures uninterrupted PM service.

becbec
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

OK! was finally able to get through using 611 and make a payment -- account is working now.

I do want to make sure Autopay will work next month, however. 

schester

@Dunkman,

Okay, I couldn't find that, but I've managed to make a manual payment through the online self-serve site now. It wouldn't work when I was selecting "Amount Due" but I when I manually specified the outstanding balance the payment processed and I was able to reactivate the account.

Thanks for your help!

@schester 

@schester wrote:

@Dunkman,

Thanks, I've checked back all my texts and all I see is a 6-digit alphanumeric code for completing the self serve registration. I don't suppose this is correct?

Should be  4 digits PIN.  

schester

@Dunkman,

Thanks, I've checked back all my texts and all I see is a 6-digit alphanumeric code for completing the self serve registration. I don't suppose this is correct?

@schester 

@schester wrote:

@Dunkman, yep, you're right, this time I got through on 611. However, I don't recall ever setting up a 4-digit pin so I can't authenticate.

You choose a PIN number when you first activated your account.  Maybe check old text messages from Public mobile.  PM would have sent you a text with your PIN.  Sometimes even two texts.  One initial text which is PM generated PIN and 2nd text with your choose PIN.  

@schester wrote:

@Dunkman, yep, you're right, this time I got through on 611. However, I don't recall ever setting up a 4-digit pin so I can't authenticate.

*611 requires a PIN if using the credit card on file.   Your PIN# should have been texted to you upon account setup.  Check back in your texts from Public Mobile.

You DON'T need your PIN if using a payment voucher.

schester

becbec

My credit card is not expired. I used it this morning for something else.

becbec

611 is not working.

@xiaoyiwang2018 wrote:

yes my wife autopay failed as well and she can't make the call. Also, can't even login to the Self Service Account.   Thanks 

Hi @xiaoyiwang2018 there are many customers experiencing this today.  The Moderator_Team's advice above is to contact them.

Two ways to contact the moderators:

• Faster way – Click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the page or click this link  >> type “talk to human" >> "account-specific question" >> "no, I need a human now" >> Click here to submit a ticket!
  • Slower way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take up to 48 hrs (faster response these days) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep an eye on the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply. 

If you have further questions, just ask

RosieR

@schester wrote:

Same issue here. I already called my bank and they said that there is no evidence of an attempted transaction. (Expiry date and available credit are fine.) All services on the mobile phone have been shut off and I can't even call *611. I've filed a ticket but the response time is predicted at 48 hours. 😐

@schester 

If your account is suspended, you should be able to still use 611.  Other customers have done so this morning to activate their plan when their account is suspended.  Maybe reboot phone and try to dial 611 again.  

@becbec wrote:

I am having the same problems: my plan was deactivated this morning with a text that my credit card was not working in Autopay. And now I cannot access my account page to change the credit card. 

@becbec is your credit card expired? If not, this was an autopay failure.

Call 611 to make a manual payment.

Then keep trying the website. Maybe try a different browser to log in.

@becbec...

try dialing 611 to pay with your credit card.

becbec

I am having the same problems: my plan was deactivated this morning with a text that my credit card was not working in Autopay. And now I cannot access my account page to change the credit card. 

schester

Same issue here. I already called my bank and they said that there is no evidence of an attempted transaction. (Expiry date and available credit are fine.) All services on the mobile phone have been shut off and I can't even call *611. I've filed a ticket but the response time is predicted at 48 hours. 😐

kevin9054

Didn't try 611, finally success topup thur self serve, but using 20 minutes to get it done.  Thanks for your advice.

xiaoyiwang2018

yes my wife autopay failed as well and she can't make the call. Also, can't even login to the Self Service Account.   Thanks 

@kevin9054 wrote:

I also have this issue, I don't know why autopay can't process. But I try login to self serve, the site loading super slow, it's take almost 20 minutes to topup manually.

@kevin9054 Lots of issues today, sorry to hear it. 

Can you manually top up using 611? This should work if you have a credit card registered to your account.

kevin9054

I also have this issue, I don't know why autopay can't process. But I try login to self serve, the site loading super slow, it's take almost 20 minutes to topup manually.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello there! 

Thank you for reaching us and bring this matter to our attention! 

In order to help you with your concern you can create a ticket and one of our moderators will provide you with assistance and review the details on your account.

Best Regards 

PM Team 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@iqbalsidat wrote:

If you are a victim of the inherited auto pay failure I would suggest to prepay one month ahead, leave the auto pay in place, and every time you receive the texts for your payment completed then pay again. You will loose “auto” but you won’t have any hassles in the future. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@iqbalsidat wrote:

@iqbalsidat ,

Do you still have services? If yes, this could be your account going through the normal renewal process. The SELF SERVE account can say "expired" or "suspended" on the day of or before your plan is due to renew. So if this is the case, ignore these messages on your SELF SERVE account.

If you have no services, and it is past your renewal, maybe your autopay failed?

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount (through SELF SERVE or by calling 611 if you have a card registered)
  2. Method through Self-Serve account: Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  4. Reboot

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@iqbalsidat 

To confirm, you have NO services whatsoever?

As @Dunkman states, there have been a few other customers with similar experiences.

I do hope this isn't some glitch affecting renewals April 1 onward.

Check the expiry date on your credit card registered on the account.   If it's expired, you can remove it and completely re-add it to update the new credit card expiry.

If you can't pay with the registered payment card for any reason, you may be able to go to a mobile merchant (who may be open today) and purchase a Public Mobile payment voucher to apply it towards account reactivation.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@iqbalsidat 

Sometimes autopay pay fails unfortunately.  A few customers this morning had similar issues.

You can manually load up funds equivalent to your month's plan fee and it should reactivate.  Either via your self service account or by dialing 611 on your phone.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352

Need Help? Let's chat.