cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my phone useage is incorrect

Wife_77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is weird. I got voicemail from someone threating me as my phone number was calling him. I phoned him back and left a message I wasn't calling him.

In my PM account under my usage for today there is 3 calls outgoing only no incoming? How did he leave a message? The first one was me dialing the number back that I left the message. The second two were to the same phone number but not the one I called and left the message.

I never made those two calls.

Now for the stranger part  of those two calls one was before I called left a message and the second on hasn't even happened yet and is 1 hour and 1/2 from now? 

I am in Alberta what time is used in the usage logs? 

The time I made the one and only call that I did looks correct to Alberta

So how can I have outgoing call 5 minute and 10 second call in the future? that I didn't make.

Good thing I have unlimited Canada wide calling.

7 REPLIES 7

@Wife_77 

The calls to the guy from spammers aren’t anything to do with you or your phone. They are just “making up” a random call display number for THEIR call to him. In all likelihood his number is in the same exchange as yours? Same area code and exchange. You have his number since he called you and you called him back.

Spammers calling you at 604-234-5678 make up a call display such as 604-234-8765 so you are more likely to answer the call as it looks like it is a neighbour or at least very local to you. If it Displayed as coming from some other Country like Singapore you very likely wouldn’t answer.

AE_Collector 

Unfortunately some spammer faked their caller ID randomly using your phone number. Many people are still unaware how easy it is to make up any caller ID you want using some hosted VoIP providers...

This following link describes how to manually set the 3 conditional call forwards - they by default go to voicemail, but they can be directed elsewhere:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/sk/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

Ie set the "busy" one to a dead-end so that blocked or manually declined calls don't go to your voicemail:

*67*8080000000# (an invalid USA number - will result in caller hearing fast busy or endless ring)

Reset with ##67#

Lastly, here is a list of currently known voicemail access numbers across Canada for reference, one of them was probably the number you saw as an "outgoing call" :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wife_77 wrote:

@ popping

So this is starting to make sense , the last two call I didn't make were to the last 4 digits 4001. So why do they show as outgoing and not incoming if someone phones my voicemail.

Because it uses the call forwarding function. It acts like an outgoing call (and doesn't take any minutes on limited minute plans). Call forwarding is an internal server side setting. So the call becomes a new outgoing call until the voicemail system answers.

When someone calls you and you don't answer for some reason then it forwards to your voicemail by default. (this can be changed)

People don't phone your voicemail (usually). Their call forwards to your voicemail.

At least that's how I understand it. 🙂

Wife_77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@ popping

So this is starting to make sense , the last two call I didn't make were to the last 4 digits 4001. So why do they show as outgoing and not incoming if someone phones my voicemail.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Wife_77 the logs in your self serve account are all in eastern time. the same principle with your renewal date 

ie. if your renewal date is on oct.28. your plan will renew on Oct. 27 at 10:00pm

so make sure you don't try to use your remaining data after this time. otherwise you'll be dipping into your new data balance

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Wife_77 

When you do not answer your incoming calls, it will be forward to your voicemail number with the last 4 digits 4001.

It is the marketer's dirty work.  Nowaday, marketer uses any existing number to call people.  This is how your number appears on receiver's caller id.

Need Help? Let's chat.