cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@moderator_team

adrew
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear mods  @CS_Agent, I just lost all service (phone, data).   I've set up autopay a long time ago, so I shouldn't get disconnected.  Please restore my service ASAP.

53 REPLIES 53

@Miqqiiy

Sorry to hear that you were attacked, but unfortunately don't understand what your post has to do with Public Mobile and why they would conpensate you.  You can suspend your service in self-serve so that someone can't continue to use your stolen phone service.  You can also have the IMEi of your stolen phone to the national blacklist so that no one else can ever use that phone again.  Keep in mind that your remaining plan time will comtinue to tick down until you reactivate your phone.  Unfortunately, you will need to purchase a new sim card and a new cell phone.  As a goodwill geature, I could see the moderators possibly offering to send you a replacement sim card for free, but please keep in mind Public Mobile really is under no obligatuon to do so.  Other than a maybe a free sim card, I'm not sure what you expect from Public Mobile. Hopefully, police can find your phone and return it to you, but that is probably unlikely.   Good luck in your recovery.

Miqqiiy

Hi, MODs

I am here today to ask for a compestation for my lost phones sim card. I can provide information all the information about the incident (ROBBERY/ASSULT) on MAY 13, 2018.

I would be my pleasure to provide my case file number. (File number via:TRANSIT-POLICE.)  I have been contacting the police about my phone on when i could get it back; or just the sim itself. So far i have not recieved a propper reply back from them, as they are still taking fingerprints off my phone.

IMG_5485.JPGIMG_5451.JPGIMG_5758.JPGIMG_20180513_183509.jpgIMG_20180513_183516.jpgI hope you guys can understand my situation right now. 

Sincerely, Miguel Torio.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@5199915612 wrote:

Do you have a cell phone plan for public mobile users?

@5199915612 first of all, always a bad idea to use your phone number as your user name on a public forum, but I digress.  I'm not sure what you're asking here.  Public mobile offers dozens of different plan combinations, for anyone:  https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans make sure you check out the "build your own plan" option on that page (scroll past the pre-configured plans to see the link)

EDIT: nevermind, I see you got the answer you needed over here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Cell-Phone-Plans/m-p/239369#M18715

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Do you have a cell phone plan for public mobile users?

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tommy1967 

You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help you!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile cell number, and PIN.
Good luck!

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

Tommy1967
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

l am locked out of my self serve account.l trt reset it on there l got nothing.l need link ro reset my password l need get back on my account .if l need add service l can this way l can't 

srlawren

@Yanny_33 wrote:

The site does not have an option to change plan, instead it just an option of " Reactivate plan" or "Activate plan in the next due date" its the same thing I think, either of these just activates the current plan.

You have the option to browse for the new plan though but it never has the option to activate,

I choose a 90 days, Unlli call CA and US, 6 + 6GB of data as new plan supposedly for $150, when I tried to click the "Reactivate plan" since I theres no options to activate the new plan, I thought its for the new plan as the payments says $120 + $6 for tax, plus i have the $30 balance, seems that it summarize the $150 new plan but it turned out it was just the previous plan for $130, turned out I couldnt use my existing $30.

How to use the $30 balance?

Is there even an option to activate the new plan? You have the options to choose plan but no option to activate it.

Can I still change my plan, I just activated few hours ago?

Thanks.

@Yanny_33 I am assuming your plan was already suspended when you started, which it definitely sounds like.  Once the plan is suspended, you can only reactivate it on the previous plan yourself through self-service--you cannot reactivate it yourself on a different plan.  In the future, what you need to do in that situation is contact the moderator_team and ask them to reactivate the account on a different plan on your behalf.  

In your case now, you should reach out to them and ask them to do the plan change for you.  Do NOT attempt to do this yourself in self-serve, or you will be charged another $150 + tax without any refund on the part of the $130 plan you won't get to use.  The moderators can help with this for you though.

Here's all the info you need for contacting the moderators:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jp2

Activating at the next renewal will put the new plan in place at renewal reactivating immediately will make the change immediately (you will lose whatever was remaining on your old plan). 

For your situation because you just renewed I would recommend sending a private message to the mods explaining the situation. 

Yanny_33

The site does not have an option to change plan, instead it just an option of " Reactivate plan" or "Activate plan in the next due date" its the same thing I think, either of these just activates the current plan.

You have the option to browse for the new plan though but it never has the option to activate,

I choose a 90 days, Unlli call CA and US, 6 + 6GB of data as new plan supposedly for $150, when I tried to click the "Reactivate plan" since I theres no options to activate the new plan, I thought its for the new plan as the payments says $120 + $6 for tax, plus i have the $30 balance, seems that it summarize the $150 new plan but it turned out it was just the previous plan for $130, turned out I couldnt use my existing $30.

How to use the $30 balance?

Is there even an option to activate the new plan? You have the options to choose plan but no option to activate it.

Can I still change my plan, I just activated few hours ago?

Thanks.

srlawren

@cminer1989 it's not for everybody. Did you end up getting some help?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cminer1989, Public Mobile advertises itself as the phone company without a phone number.  The only support is through this community and the moderators (that communicate primarily via private messages).  The moderators are already gone for the night, so if you have already sent a private message they will likely get back to you in the morning.  They start up at 9AM (EST).

cminer1989

ive been trying to get ahold of these guys for hours this is the most rediculous system to get your phone fixed due to technical diffcultys they should have a number to call to actually talk with a human and not hav to wait for them to reply due to email they will lose so many ppl due to this fact right here 

@cminer1989wrote:

hello my account has been shut down i have minutes on my account now and want to switch my plan to the 45 dollar plan please make that happen for me as i need my phone thank you 

is my cell number 

You probably don't want to be posting your cell phone number. If you need help from a Public Mobile employee, you can send a private message to a moderator.  Regular users on these message boards are not employees and cannot fix any account related issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @cminer1989,  Not sure i understand what you mean about having minutes.  All Public mobile plans have unlimited minutes.  Is your account disactivated/supended?  Are you able to log into your self service portal account to see if the account is still active?

If the account *IS* suspended, then you must send a private message to the moderator team in order to change your account.  You cannot change your account once it is suspended.  only a moderator can do that.  If you need to contact the moderators, click here to send the moderator team a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Also, you should remove all private information from your post since this is a public forum and anyone can see it.

cminer1989

hello my account has been shut down i have minutes on my account now and want to switch my plan to the 45 dollar plan please make that happen for me as i need my phone thank you 

xxxxxxxxxx is my cell number 

phone numbered deleted by computergeek541

srlawren

@Ganndcruz07 to get help, please follow this info to send the moderator team a private message:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:00pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Ganndcruz07

I already pay my due but i still don’t have my service! It has to be fix ASAP. Can i get refund or something???

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anna1.  Sorry to hear about your problem logging in.  Unfortunately, the forgot password email often gets sent too late to be used, and sometimes never at all.  In order to get your password reset, you need to send a private nessage to the moderators team.  They will be able to help you reset your password.  Be sure to include your account number and account PIN in your message.

Click here to send them a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderators team by following this link.

Also, in the future, you should always post your new question/issue (even if it is the same as the original question of an existing topic), in a new topic.  That way your issue will get all of the attention it deserves, and won't go unnoticed in an older topic.

Anna1

Please help, i can not not access my account. even if i click on forgot password it still doesnt work. the link i receive is always expired by the time i receive it. help!

pakmode

wrote:

Hi there,

I;m new to this. I set up my account online already and it wont sign me in, also when I entered my phone number it says it wont recognized.

Hi Frank - please send a private message to @CS_Agent

with all of your account and phone number details so they can get this sorted out. 

frankcastle78
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I;m new to this. I set up my account online already and it wont sign me in, also when I entered my phone number it says it wont recognized.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@adrew sorry to hear about your trouble. 

This is due to an unfortunate bug that kicks in on the renewal date even when auto-pay is enabled. 

The mods have gone home for the day so you will have to wait for a response until at least tomorrow morning.

If you can't wait then you can simply make a manual payment online. 

Otherwise, please send a private message to @CS_Agent and in your message please include:

- explanation of your issue

- your phone and account number. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @adrew,  Did you check your self service account.  Does everything look OK (shows that your plan is active).  Was today your renawal date?

If everything looks good, then you will need to contact the moderators team using a private message.  They will see your request much sooner than your post here.  Be sure to include your account number and PIN.  Note that they are gone for the day, but are back on-line at 9am (EST).

Click here to send them a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderators team by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.