Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

minutes

abck512
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

My call dropped just now. 

Got a message on my phone saying it's from Rogers ??? (former client) which read Public Mobile here.  You have 10 min of talk remaining.

When I try to make a call it says

You don't have a long distance add on and this call is not covered by your plan. 

When I go to MY ACCOUNT overview it does not show where it usually does how many minutes I have left of talk.  I am on the 15 dollar plan.

8 REPLIES 8

VW2

Thank-you.

It worked!

abck512

Thanks.  I actually have another phone for work.  I can talk on that one.  Just didn't know I was so close to the 100 min and wondered where it went in "account overview" in my account.  I don't need more minutes, just wondering how it works.  I realize I'll have to watch it more closely.

Thanks to all!

@abck512 

The 10 minutes remaining text was likely sent 10 minutes before you hit 0 and were cut off. But either since you were on the phone or some other network delay meant you finally saw it at least 10 minutes later once you hit zero and were cut off.

Lots of confusion caused by items disappearing from the list of your services and add-ons concerning remaining minutes and more often data packages. It would me more logical to say you have used 100 of 100 or have 0 of 100 remaining but at this time that’s not the way it works.

As others have said, with the $15 plan that only has 100 minutes of outgoing the $5/500 minute add-on of Canada calling is an excellent insurance policy as the remaining minutes will wait until you run out of minutes again some time in the future.

AE_Collector

@abck512....as @Dunkman has already suggested...for $5 you can get an additional 500minutes of Canada wide calling to augment your calling plan. Those 500 minutes will keep rolling over until you use them up...even if it takes several months or longer. For 5 bux...it's a good deal if you're making lots of calls through the month.

abck512

That's what confused me.  I got a text saying I have 10 min remaining, yet it is behaving like I have 0 minutes, allowing no calls to go through.   Will have to watch my minutes more closely.  Thanks

@abck512 

Public mobile will usually send a text if customer is running out of minutes or data.  It is a confusing system though.  It would make more sense to have 0/100 minutes.  

abck512

Ya, it makes sense if I ran out of minutes.  What confused me is the text saying I have 10 min left.  And the overview page says nothing about minutes.  It usually does.   Which means I may have used them.  It would help if it said 0/100 available.   Oh well.  

thanks

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@abck512 

You likely ran out of your 100 outgoing minutes.  You should see the 100 minute outgoing minutes counter in your overview page under Add ons.  It you don't see it, that means that you ran out of minutes.  

You could buy the $5 for 500 Cdn minutes add on.  unused minutes roll over.  

Need Help? Let's chat.