cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message stating my # is out of service from any Rogers landline

EADunn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A number of people are claiming that they can only call me from their cell phones and not their Rogers or Bell land line. Is this a common problem? Is there a solution? It’s pretty bad paying $40 a month and I can’t recieve half my calls 

9 REPLIES 9

EADunn

People have been coming to our home to see if we are okay cause they can’t get ahold of us as they are being told our #’s aren’t in service 

@EADunn  a écrit :

Thanks I’ll just message a moderator as with my luck I wouldn’t get any calls at all 

That's not luck @EADunn ..but technology..Smiley Wink

EADunn

No these people are in my area and it states the number you have reached is not in service 

geogolem
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had a family member in another city who all of the sudden could not call me at my public mobile number from their COGECO landline. At first I assumed it was an issue with Public mobile... but eventually we realized it was because for some reason the COGECO landline lost the ability to call long distance numbers.. 

What is the actual message folks are hearing when they are trying to call your number?

If they are getting a message saying "the number is not assigned" then it is likely a public mobile issue; however, if they are getting a message saying "the call cannot be completed as dialed" etc. it is likely that whatever plan they have with ROGERS/BELL is the issue. 

There could also be other messages or situations, so first, we need to ascertain exactly what message or what is happening when they try to call your number from the ROGERS/BELL landlines that are apparently failing.

EADunn

Thanks I’ll just message a moderator as with my luck I wouldn’t get any calls at all 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@EADunn wrote:

Apparently it’s been an issue since we signed up on Feb 7, paying $40 a month and not getting our calls is a bit frustrating 

Try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan features.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is about 48 hours. Good luck.

EADunn

Apparently it’s been an issue since we signed up on Feb 7, paying $40 a month and not getting our calls is a bit frustrating 

EADunn

No we signed up 2 months ago and just found out about it now. We got new public mobile #’s didn’t port over. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@EADunn wrote:

A number of people are claiming that they can only call me from their cell phones and not their Rogers or Bell land line. Is this a common problem? Is there a solution? It’s pretty bad paying $40 a month and I can’t recieve half my calls 

@EADunn  Did you just sign up and port your number in?

Need Help? Let's chat.