cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost stolen phone

terrybev
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What are the steps to do when you lose your phone? I would like to try to keep the same phone number

10 REPLIES 10

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@terrybev  Happy to hear the issue has been resolved. Have a great weekend and stay safe!

terrybev

Thank you for such quick responses. My phone is up and running again. I appreciate all the help

terrybev

yes I cancelled my service right away, thank goodness I don't do much on my phone. I mostly just use it for making calls

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

@terrybev wrote:

thank you, I will try this tomorrow

I would certainly recommend Suspending sooner than later. Never know what shenanigans the thief might get up to.

Whoever has the phone could pretend to be the OP but that's easy by spoofing. @terrybev If it's an iPhone or Android phone,  it can be remote wiped and locked from use. I hope you have no private info on an unencrypted memory card. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@terrybev wrote:

I would certainly recommend Suspending sooner than later. Never know what shenanigans the thief might get up to.

terrybev

@Anonymous  Merci Beaucoup. I fixed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 : There's no marking stolen or found. It's Suspend then Resume.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@terrybev

Click Plans and add-ons.

Click Lost/stolen.

Mark account as stolen. Which will block the sim card.

Buy a brand new sim card. DO NOT ACTIVATE IT!..

Log into a d resume your account. Then go an click "change sim card" . Green Arrow on picture below.

Enter new sim card number.

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

Put sim card in new phone and you're good to go with same number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@terrybev wrote:

What are the steps to do when you lose your phone? I would like to try to keep the same phone number

Log in to your self-serve and use the Lost/stolen function to Suspend your service. Acquire a SIM somewhere and then use the Change SIM function and switch over to it. Then back to the Lost/stolen function to Resume your service.

Need Help? Let's chat.