cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost phone

pannobaji
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i lost my phone on 4 nov and nov 5 i was hospitalised , i was just discharged and i went on line to find  somebody making calls on nov 4 and 5 to 705-780-4001, i have suspended service on my phone, but i can still reach my cell phone it still answer, but why when i have suspended it today

20 REPLIES 20

@darlicious wrote:

Soni as

@cellphoneuser1  If? She didn't have to answer the phone nor did she have to show up with it. Maybe you just don't get it or have compassion or empathy for those less fortunate than yourself. This is canadas poorest neighbourhood.....a month before I had my purse stolen in one of Canada's richest neighbourhoods and it's been a nightmare of identity theft but the actual value of what I lost is less and the return of my ID would have warranted a better reward that what the thief actually stole. But thats fine we can agree to disagree we obviously look at world with a very different perspective.

She did do the right thing in the end and that part should be commended. My only point is how she knowingly used 500MB.  If you didn't call, she might have kept using it.  She didn't have to return the phone, so that's the good part of the story that she did. Anyone gets tempted if they find something, but she took steps to use it when she knew it wasn't hers to use. That part isn't honest and I only mean to say the part of you must not have trusted her or you would not have reported the phone as lost.  

@pannobaji wrote:

my cell number answer my voice says hi and to leave message

@pannobaji , the way the cell network works is that if your phone is not connected to the network calls will go directly to voicemail.  Unanswered calls also go to voicemail but after a number of rings.  I suspect your battery is probably dead by now.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@darlicious , I like your story.  A few days ago I read this article online criticising parents these days focusing too much on teaching their children to be successful so to speak.  We will end up with a non empathetic society where everyone is looking for ways to take advantage of the person next to them to get ahead.  A little bit of civility is a breath of fresh air.

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

It was about rewarding honesty and strength of character. Is was found by two residents of Vancouver's dtes who most would think.....hearing their stories and the effort made to return the phone made it worthwhile to retrieve it. I don't mind the usage of the phone but didnt want to lose 8.5gb of data at the beginning of the cycle. Turns out the young lady cant afford a plan and uses free wifi....she phoned her mom in Quebec and used 500mb of data. 

So you rewarded honesty? The act of her using your data is dishonest.  We don't ageee but sorry, if she could have got away with it, she would have kept using it.

@cellphoneuser1  If? She didn't have to answer the phone nor did she have to show up with it. Maybe you just don't get it or have compassion or empathy for those less fortunate than yourself. This is canadas poorest neighbourhood.....a month before I had my purse stolen in one of Canada's richest neighbourhoods and it's been a nightmare of identity theft but the actual value of what I lost is less and the return of my ID would have warranted a better reward that what the thief actually stole. But thats fine we can agree to disagree we obviously look at world with a very different perspective.

@darlicious wrote:

It was about rewarding honesty and strength of character. Is was found by two residents of Vancouver's dtes who most would think.....hearing their stories and the effort made to return the phone made it worthwhile to retrieve it. I don't mind the usage of the phone but didnt want to lose 8.5gb of data at the beginning of the cycle. Turns out the young lady cant afford a plan and uses free wifi....she phoned her mom in Quebec and used 500mb of data. 

So you rewarded honesty? The act of her using your data is dishonest.  We don't ageee but sorry, if she could have got away with it, she would have kept using it.

@cellphoneuser1  Oh ye of little faith... the reward cost far more than the value of a now useless phone and a $10 SIM card. It was about rewarding honesty and strength of character. Is was found by two residents of Vancouver's dtes who most would think.....hearing their stories and the effort made to return the phone made it worthwhile to retrieve it. I don't mind the usage of the phone but didnt want to lose 8.5gb of data at the beginning of the cycle. Turns out the young lady cant afford a plan and uses free wifi....she phoned her mom in Quebec and used 500mb of data. Next flash sale I'm reaching out to help set her up now that she knows pm doesn't require a credit check, ID or even a permanent address. Everyone deserves access to phone service that's affordable and pm supplies it.

@darlicious wrote:

@cellphoneuser1  I just went thru this when my boyfriend lost his phone. The person who found it couldn't answer it because the screen was hopelessly smashed. They put the SIM in their phone and answered. I kept in contact while trying to locate the boyfriend. I kept an eye on the usage and they used it to make some calls and text. Only once they started to burn thru the data I texted them telling them I was turning the phone off and would turn it back on to get in contact. We met up the next day and exchanged reward for phone and SIM card.

You got lucky. If the person finding it was using the data on purpose, that wouldn't be honest. The phone could be doing auto updates.  Some also would have thought you don't trust them when you turned it off and would have just disposed of it.

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@pannobaji  You can report it found and try calling it to see if someone has found it and will answer. If it goes straight to message it's still off. Report it lost again. Repeat on occasion to see if you can locate it.

The finder might answer and offer to return the phone but the person might also decide to use free service.

@cellphoneuser1  I just went thru this when my boyfriend lost his phone. The person who found it couldn't answer it because the screen was hopelessly smashed. They put the SIM in their phone and answered. I kept in contact while trying to locate the boyfriend. I kept an eye on the usage and they used it to make some calls and text. Only once they started to burn thru the data I texted them telling them I was turning the phone off and would turn it back on to get in contact. We met up the next day and exchanged reward for phone and SIM card.

@pannobaji  That is your area code (705)? 580 4001 is the pm voicemail number. On my account in Vancouver when calls go to my voicemail it appears as 778 580 4001.

@pannobaji wrote:

on the nnov4 i did not realise i had lost my phone

on nov 5 i was admitted to hospital with chest pain where morphine was administed to stop the pain and i was discharged on the nv 7 late evening ,,,,its only when i got home i went on the pm account and all these calls on nov 4 [i call]and nov5 [7 calls]  

whose nmber is 705-780-4001...i though its a call center  but i heard chinese on it

.....please explain....thanks

It's no one's number. It means that someone called you and that no one amswered and it went to voicemail. It's not an outgoing call.

@darlicious wrote:

@pannobaji  You can report it found and try calling it to see if someone has found it and will answer. If it goes straight to message it's still off. Report it lost again. Repeat on occasion to see if you can locate it.

The finder might answer and offer to return the phone but the person might also decide to use free service.

pannobaji

on the nnov4 i did not realise i had lost my phone

on nov 5 i was admitted to hospital with chest pain where morphine was administed to stop the pain and i was discharged on the nv 7 late evening ,,,,its only when i got home i went on the pm account and all these calls on nov 4 [i call]and nov5 [7 calls]  

whose nmber is 705-780-4001...i though its a call center  but i heard chinese on it

.....please explain....thanks

@pannobaji wrote:

Yes your phone is powered off or has a dead battery. It doesn't know its lost yet because you have suspended the service when it is not powered on.

@pannobaji wrote:

pannobaji

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@pannobaji wrote:

i lost my phone on 4 nov and nov 5 i was hospitalised , i was just discharged and i went on line to find  somebody making calls on nov 4 and 5 to 705-780-4001, i have suspended service on my phone, but i can still reach my cell phone it still answer, but why when i have suspended it today

@pannobaji  No one is making calls on your line...when your phone is off or the call goes straight to voicemail the the caller phoning you is not recorded in your usage history. Instead your number is recorded as going to voicemail. (705-780-4001) I do believe when you have reported it as lost or stolen calling your number will still go to voicemail if it is off or a dead battery ad the phone does not know its lost it just had no power. On the bright side? It's sounds like it's not stolen....just lost as most people will answer a found phone unless they are of nefarious  character.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@pannobaji wrote:

@pannobaji 

Generally, if you suspend your account, there should be no calls received or sent to your lost number.  Did someone pick up the phone when you called your lost number?  It might still ring when you call the number, but it should not be functioning.  

Here is an article on the lost/stolen phone function

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone

pannobaji

lost my phone on nov 4, somebody used on nov 4 and 5 , i supended service on my cell phone, but when i phone my cell phone it still answers even though i have supended service on it.... please help

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@pannobaji  That number is the Public Mobile voicemail number.

If your phone was an Android device you might be able to find, lock, or erase a lost Android device. Click here for more info.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You probably want to either submit a ticket here or privately message them here, which ever works for you. Suspending the phone may not be instant, I'm not sure.

Need Help? Let's chat.