Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost my sim

Roomi78228
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi

i lost my sim card.

is buying new sim and using "change sim card" option keep my old phone no attached?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
  1. Log into your My Account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Change SIM Card
  3. Enter your new SIM card number
  4. Select where you would like your 6-digit security verification code
  5. Verify code.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Roomi78228 

your phone number in your account, just you need to getting New SIM card,

How To Change Your SIM Card,

the SIM change functionality has been re-enabled in My Account, now with an additional security step: 2 factor authentication to further protect against SIM card fraud.In order to change the SIM card associated with your account, you must now verify your request through a one-time security code that will be sent via SMS or email.To change your SIM card, please follow the below steps:

1. Log into your My Account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Change SIM Card
  3. Enter your new SIM card number
  4. Select where you would like your 6-digit security verification code to be sent to. You can choose to have the code sent to your email, or via SMS to your phone number. If you do not have access to your phone or cannot receive SMS, please select the email option.
  5. Check your email or phone for your security code, and input the code into the page
  6. Click “Verify Code”

Please note: after 5 failed attempts to verify your security code, your account will be locked, and you will need to have your account unlocked and your SIM card manually updated by an agent by submitting a ticket link.

1. Once you have verified your code, click “submit” to complete your SIM card change, and you’re all set !!

@Roomi78228 

If for some reason you can't use either the SMS or email option you can always swap sim cards the old fashion way by contacting customer support and correctly answering extra verification questions  about your account.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Roomi78228 wrote:

hi

i lost my sim card.

is buying new sim and using "change sim card" option keep my old phone no attached?

thanks

@Roomi78228 

Using the "change sim card" option keeps your phone number and account as is.

After completing swapping the SIM number, insert the new SIM card into your phone, and all should be transferred over.

IF you lost your phone as well, note SIM card slots in devices can come in 3 sizes, and the SIM cards have adapters that can be removed to adjust to fit.

esjliv_0-1627525312721.png

@Roomi78228 wrote:

i lost my sim card.

This procedure doesn't change your phone number. Your need to choose the option to confirm that this change is authorized by using the e-mail option.  

Need Help? Let's chat.