cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

long distance mins

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Does it warn you if it's going to use your international/long distance minutes with incoming/outgoing calls or do you just have to know yourself?

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

thanks for confirming, @ute1978

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Shutdown There is no warning if you use minutes from your long distance add on.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Shutdown that's a great question about running out mid-call. I have never tested it, but I would expect that the call would just drop as soon as the last minute available was used up, but I can't say for sure.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Shutdown I don't call outside my province often at all and I only joined this week so I don't have an answer for you about that.  Hopefully someone else can answer.

Shutdown

So has anyone tried it to confirm?

Yeah, unfortunately that voice prompt about the long distance is useless. I live in Guelph and it's long distance to call Kitchener/Waterloo (not long distance to Breslau), but that's 20 minutes away, yet it's long distance. I think you'll just have to know if you're calling out of province, unfortunately. Good question however! Thumb Up

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

A question to the community...

For anyone who has experience with LD add-on minutes, how does it work if you run out of minutes during a phone call? Is a voice prompt heard indicating you have 5 minutes left? 1 minute left? I know it does this with phone cards, but I'm curious what happens with PM.

Shutdown

I don't live near the border but I'm just curious as to whether or not it will warn you if the call will use up minutes since I don't bother to familarize myself with area codes and I'm asking because I live in ontario, I've had to call another ontario number and it was stated that it was a long distance call so I was wondering if it would warn you so you can differentiate it easily.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

I think you just need to know yourself, but your phone will give the long distance warning beforehand. That happens for any long distance, even provincially, so I don't know if that would help you much.

Just know this...

If you're calling outside the province: long distance outgoing

If you're outside the province: long distance incoming

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You would only get charged for incoming long distance if you are not in your home province.  For outgoing long distance I'm not sure if it warns you ahead of time or not.  I assume you would know if you are calling out of your province unless you live near one of the borders such as Ottawa/Gatineau?  Even then, you should know which area codes belong on which side of the province.

Need Help? Let's chat.