cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

long distance charges may applicable even within Ontario

chavalatha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi @Moderator, i am in $90 90 days Ontario  plan. when i try to make local calls from most of the Ontario cities and with in Ontario i keep receive message staying long distance charges may applicable.same #si am able make calles when i am home or from many ontario cities. for example i travelled to Hamilton or Kingston i was not able to make calls to any phone #s with in the provence..

4 REPLIES 4

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@chavalatha wrote:

@hi @moderator, i am in $90 90 days Ontario  plan. when i try to make local calls from most of the Ontario cities and with in Ontario i keep receive message staying long distance charges may applicable.same #si am able make calles when i am home or from many ontario cities. for example i travelled to Hamilton or Kingston i was not able to make calls to any phone #s with in the provence..

If the call would be long distance from a landline just add 1 in front of the number and you won't get the message.  Remember PM is prepaid so they can't charge you later the call will either work or it won't

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

At Public Mobile, any "long distance may apply" recordings can  always be ignored.  The call will proceed as normal after the recorded message is finished.

The measage has to do with local calling areas (which Public Mobile doesn't even have"). It has nothing to so with whether the call will cost extra or not, but just that system has it being logged that the call is long distance   Long distance within a provonce or within the countryvis included at Public Mobile, depending on your specific plan.    Even if the call is local, just ignore the message because it won't make any difference.

To avoid ever hearing this message, dial a 1 before the area code.  

There is another error message that occurs when you're trying to call a place that isn't included in your plan, after which the call will fail.  However, the "long distance charges may apply" can simply be ignored.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@chavalatha, as long as you're in Ontario and you're making calls to another Ontario registered phone number, then you're fine.  Just disregard the message and don't hang up.  I think when you're out of your local area code calling "area" then that message will automatically pop up.  I was nervous the first time I heard it too, but I checked my usage and saw I wasn't charged anything extra.  Also, PM is one of those companies that prefers not to charge additional, so if you tried calling long distance without an actual long distance plan/add-on, then you will get a message saying you don't have the feature and you won't be able to make that call.  

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It is a Telus thing.    I have a Canada wide plan with both Public Mobile and Koodo, and I get the recording on long distance charges in areas of the same province with both accounts.  Safe to ignore.

Need Help? Let's chat.