cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

london ontario area service problem

kaneyu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my and my friend's phone just can call out but can't call in, if restart phone first calls fine but after the same problem.

tested 5 phones using public mobile in London Ontario 

61 REPLIES 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brisby1 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings
Spoiler
For IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and if still not fix it please you Have To Submit a Ticket To Contact Customer Support Agent byCS_Agent, and Explain your issue to they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

Brisby1

Able to get calls to work by switching to 3G but data doesn’t work on either. Works fine on wifi.anyone having this issue or have a workaround?

dmbcanada
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Was able to fix all phones by switching from LTE to 3G.   Not sure why an announcement from Public Mobile has been made about this issue.

@capnNorthAMERCA wrote:

I'm having this issue too.. two phones

Read through the entire thread on this subject. Sounds like the OP & others has found a work-around to get his phone working satisfactorily.

capnNorthAMERCA

I'm having this issue too.. two phones

Edit: fixed with switching to 3G.  Thanks

kaneyu

yes, if you selected LTE(4G) still got problems. if you select GMS(3G) will be fixed.

dmbcanada
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am still having issues with my phone today in London, all calls going to voicemail.

Telus has only announced Samsung as a 5G RAN vendor. They haven't announced their second RAN vendor publicly.

The Ericsson and Nokia announcement from Telus in June 2020 was not for RAN.

@Nezgar 

Yes I had thought they had made a decision. While the feds have not made a decision yet on whether they will ban Huawei from the implementation of the 5G network I expect with the recent plea deal and the release of the two Michaels an announcement  from the liberal government is imminent.

Otherwise it has been reported...

Rogers 5G was the first consumer 5G network to launch in Canada and is built with Ericsson equipment. Bell uses Nokia and Ericsson, Videotron has partnered with Samsung for 5G network hardware and Telus uses all three suppliers.

@darlicious wrote:

I would hazard a guess that it's the changing/upgrading network equipment from Huawei to newer federally approved supplier

The federal government has never actually decided yet, so the carriers got tired of waiting for a decision, and went about it on their own accord!

@CBServices 

Once a day put your phones back to 4G LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) and test your calling. Once it returns to normal you will know that the service upgrades in your area are complete and you can remain in that setting.

CBServices

This does seem to have fixed both my and my wife's problems.  We've had a couple of successful calls between us, and none failed, and I've had a couple of other incoming calls without issue, too.

Thanks for the help.

@CBServices 

3G is WCDMA on your device.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CBServices 

can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY"or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do again Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

and your data is working fine, if not working right you can try to reset network settings and go Changing APN Settings by visit  Here link, 

and do again Rebooting your phone 

CBServices

@0PX9O4 My phone has options for LTE, 3G, and 2G. Nothing specifying any type of CDMA.

Selecting 3G definitely boosts my signal strength, so I'll try some calls, and see if the problem seems to be fixed.

Each market is different. London is Ericsson, Montreal is Samsung, etc.

@sheytoon 

Thanks! Lol....I wanted to say Ericsson but I couldn't remember for sure and defaulted to just the feds.

London LTE is being swapped from Huawei to Ericsson. There might be some configuration mistakes, but it will get resolved eventually.

Odd that only incoming CSFB is affected.

@kaneyu 

Happy to hear troubleshooting tip #5 worked.

If @sheytoon  pops in I would hazard a guess that it's the changing/upgrading network equipment from Huawei to newer federally approved supplier that is causing the issue of a delay switching from the LTE to the 3G network for incoming calls causing voicemail to kick in. Should only be an issue for no more than a week at the most....hopefully!😃

kaneyu

thanks for your information, I turned LTE to gms, it worked.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for the update @kaneyu !

@CBServicesWould you please confirm if your problem is also resolved using these steps?

kaneyu

8b4860a8ecf4eac29f44b000f51a11b.pngb202d9200dea6122d1caa13dcaef20c.pngeccb6e129618e9f40d95babaf6a9f34.png

I found the problem, LTE got the problem right now, choose gsm/wcdma preferred.  this setting fixed the problem.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hopefully we'll get an update from one of the Public Mobile agents on this.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

CBServices

I'm having this exact same problem, on multiple Public Mobile cellphones, also in London.

My wife and I, both on Public, can't receive cell calls; it goes straight to voicemail.

We can both call out on our cellphones, but not to another Public cellphone.  Calling to our residential landline from either cell works fine.

This is not a problem with the phone.  There is definitely some kind of infrastructure problem in this area for Public Mobile.

kaneyu

I did, waiting for reply.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@kaneyu 

Try typing "calling issues human" then click "contact us"

Note: You can also send a private message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

kaneyu

kaneyu_0-1634128649694.png

cs won't help.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@kaneyu wrote:

I tested 5 phones same using public mobile, my and my wife's phones, and other friends' phones. the same problem starts yesterday afternoon around 2 PM.

@kaneyu 

Contact CS to see if they can confirm a "very" localized outage or other issues:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

kaneyu

I tested 5 phones same using public mobile, my and my wife's phones, and other friends' phones. the same problem starts yesterday afternoon around 2 PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.