cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue while trying to port out

Iqbalsingh1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to port out my no. I got massage asking if If I have request to port out? and asking me to reply 'yes' it i tried. But my issue issue is that I don't have text message on my line and I can't reply back with text message. it wont go through. please help.

is the team member who can help me ?

16 REPLIES 16

@kb_mv 

Not doing anything means nothing will happen everything stays as is.....which is great news that a form of port protection has finally been implemented. A simple text....or lack there of will prevent prevent fraudulent or accidental/mistaken ports but @Catherine_T  an announcement on this change would have been a good idea. Not only would that ease some worries and keep pm's customers up to date on the strides pm is taking to improve their service and provide port protection that has been high on many members wishlists.

It would also save time wasted trying to port out your phone number not knowing you need to remove this protection and being prepared to either recieve the  text or contact the moderators  to remove the protection in advance of porting out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kb_mv wrote:

@computergeek541 So it's still the same "non" port protection? How hard can it be to implement what the help article implies?

@kb_mv 

I read the OP as saying that this is what the port request is doing now. I wanted them to transcribe it but you found it here anyway. It looks like they've updated the process without telling anyone. Once again...useful communication /s

This should be marketed from the rooftops at least until everybody else is doing it. At last. Maybe these awful sim-jackings and account hacks will stop. Although I'll admit to being a little confused as to whether some of these impacts are port-outs or not. Are some of these breaking into the account and doing a Change SIM thereby rendering the proper SIM unusable. And then the mods have to re-instate it. In the meantime getting up to all kinds of badness using the persons number.

@computergeek541 wrote:

The departing Public Mobile customer needs to reply with "yes" to port out.  My remark has to do with how everything from "otherwise" and after should be in a seperate sentence.

@computergeek541 Well thats perfect then!

@kb_mv wrote:

@computergeek541 So it's still the same "non" port protection? How hard can it be to implement what the help article implies?

The departing Public Mobile customer needs to reply with "yes" to port out.  My remark has to do with how everything from "otherwise" and after should be in a seperate sentence.

@computergeek541 , @Catherine_T  which PM number will this message come from? Thanks. Stay safe. 

@kb_mv wrote:

Did PM follow suggestions and "upgrade" their port protection from the woefully inadequate " If you didn’t make this request, reply NO to stop the transfer." to also include "If you requested the number transfer, please reply YES, otherwise we’ll keep everything as is."

I read this as saying if you do not reply with a "YES" PM will not allow your number to be ported out. Finally a system that protects us.

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 6.10.42 PM.png

The first time around, I did something similar.  It's likely because the last part isn't a proper sentence. The last complete thought has been incorrect joined (fused sentence/run-on sentence) to the "yes" part. This can cause confusion.  @Catherine_T : Can you please have someone correct this in the help article and in the text message?

Did PM follow suggestions and "upgrade" their port protection from the woefully inadequate " If you didn’t make this request, reply NO to stop the transfer." to also include "If you requested the number transfer, please reply YES, otherwise we’ll keep everything as is."

I read this as saying if you do not reply with a "YES" PM will not allow your number to be ported out. Finally a system that protects us.

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 6.10.42 PM.png

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Iqbalsingh1 wrote:

it says, "sorry, your current plan does not include text messages."

Do you have the old $30 1GB data only plan?

if no, you should have text message included in your plan even the old $10 plan with 50 outgoing text message. 

If you want to port your PM number to another provider and don't have text message to rpply YES or NO, create a moderator support ticket for help using this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - “port issue”

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Iqbalsingh1 wrote:

What plan are you on?

I was actually meaning the port text where you said they asked to reply with a yes. Would you be able to provide the whole text of what that text said? If you're willing of course.

@Iqbalsingh1 wrote:

Do you have the $10 plan with limited text?  

Iqbalsingh1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Iqbalsingh1 wrote:

I am trying to port out my no. I got massage asking if If I have request to port out? and asking me to reply 'yes' it i tried. But my issue issue is that I don't have text message on my line and I can't reply back with text message. it wont go through. please help.

is the team member who can help me ?

Would you be interested in providing the entire text of the message you got for porting out?

If they've implemented a final confirmation then that would be great.

How do you mean you "don't have text message"? Do you have an old plan that you built yourself and chose not to include texting? Until your account is closed from porting...your services should still work. If you've used all 50 of your limited texts in another old plan then I could see it. Reply in an MMS then.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Iqbalsingh1 , this is the help article on port protection.  Unless you have a data only account, you should have text messaging at part of the plan.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Iqbalsingh1  contact the moderators and ask them to allow the port. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

@Iqbalsingh1 wrote:

If you try, does it actually refuse to let you?  That would be just plain silly if Public Mobile blocked such an outgoing text message.

Need Help? Let's chat.