cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 11 won't receive texts

PixelPuppy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I moved my sim to an iphone 11 and cannot receive texts. I get texts from my other PM sim in other phone also seem to get text from an iphone user, but no other texts come in. I've checked all the settings i can they seem fine, i cannot see apn settings, only see it for personal hotspot. I've tried all settings that have been suggested in multiple places including this community forum. I've turned off and on imessage and facetime, rebooted phone, reset network etc. nothing is working to fix it, i can call out and receive calls, and can text out just not receive texts. please help i am about ready to go back to bell or even videotron.

21 REPLIES 21

@PixelPuppy 

Don't worry about the spam filter it bleeps completely innocent words like those round balls of fluffy frozen water the kids throw at each other in the middle of winter....

I'm impressed you went from being an android user to an iPhone user. There is a learning curve when speaking a whole new tech language. I'm only just learning about chat features with my new moto g7+ my samsung A3 didn't have that functionality but I have learned that I prefer them off as there is no point in using data for messaging when we have unlimited SMS/MMS texting. 

When you have questions about your new iPhone we android users will try our best but a few members who are good apples......can help because they all have iPhones so you can always tag "@" @AE_Collector , @LurganIeUk , @CalgaryBen  and the wise oracle @Luddite  for advice.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PixelPuppy : Yup. The language filter is a bit overzealous.

I hope you get it worked out. Turn off wifi and cell data and just do plain old SMS text. Then you would know that that standard function works.

PixelPuppy

the word bleeped was not meant to be profane nor a word most ppl have issue with. either way sorry PM sorry community no offense intended.

PixelPuppy

trust me i game alot devs dont equal publishers i get it. knew b4 hand apple make my phone, china my last, lg my mothers,i had microsoft, samsung etc going back to the early 90s nokia? fido? it just gets hard because its page after page on the web of stuf you tried b4 or after reading it and nothing works, or its out of date and os's are changed things are moved, renamed etc. . too many moving parts, too many cooks in the kitchen **bleep** i sound old minus the crappy grammar etc. as far as chat or imessage idc if they come or go tbh just needed plain simple texts like usual. ie basic funtionality.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PixelPuppy : Service providers don't make phones or OS's. They provide the service. What you do with that service is up to you and your phone.

So yes...have chat or not. Have iMessage or not. Those are non-standard features that need the internet and bi-direction. That's why the problem gets masked when on the internet one way or another.

But disturb that balance and here you are.

PixelPuppy

honestly i know noone here wants anything more than it being a pleasant experience for all thats why i am here and not bell i left them to come here. the company line was more meant for what apple would say and most companies have said in the past... nothing like arguing with a company for months hours at a time while they blame the 3rd party or you and then no it was your modem ahem videotron, it was a faulty installation direct tv, ty dtv for insulting me and saying your going to charge 75 bucks to come and only came and for free after i treatened leaving and left telling me it was a bad install! so long story short i am sorry to this community for being a lil upset and stand off ish ive just been at this for hours and my ocd wont let me relax till i made head way. normally phone + sim = easy time guess not the first time you get apple lol

PixelPuppy

ok so with thic pic sent i found the setting and turned off chat features and it seems to work now from my mothers android to my iphone and received an online text sent to myself. after i get more ppl to msg today if works i will mark as solved and give the credit and bravo. as far as having wifi on or off ive always ever had wifi on al the time till today ive tried it on and off all day on iphone androids had it enabled and still do, nor is it reasonable for companies to expect people to turn off wifi a lot of people cant afford data. wifi is on on all 3 phones here atm, yes all 3 have data plans also on atm. also im i really supposed to tell everyone turn off chat features if they want to text me? reasonable? bottom line i see forward movement so i will test more later today with more phone options ie more numbers texting me, and will mark solved and give credit and bravos.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Not sure. Try it. Maybe I should. It uses the internet or possibly cell data. Not sure.

Edit: So I did. Seems I can send to multiple recipients without it on. If I do multiple recipients with it on it flips to MMS. Now I don't know why the feature exists 🙂

@Anonymous 

Older android phones that do not have rcs or chat features but have group messaging....works similarily?

Messages>>3 dots top left>>settings>>more settings>>MMS>>group conversation>>if on? toggle off?

@PixelPuppy 

What make and model is your android phone? Google Pixel?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PixelPuppy : We're fellow customers trying to help. No company line. Even often critical of the place.

If your SIM works fine in one phone but not another then that's a problem with the phone (or phones). I'd be interested to know whether you had wifi or mobile data on when using the phone that works.

What happens when you put a different working active SIM in the problem phone?

There might be other options called chat or groups under some menu in the texting app.

PixelPuppy

dont understand why my sons sim not PM was texting me on PM fine and receiving texts from me.till i put this sim in and now it cant text? as far as apple you know they are going to point me to PM right? not meaning to be rude to you at all or PM or even apple but run arounds and company lines are nothing new and its almost never what ever company you are talking to's fault its always the other guys , till it isnt. maybe you are right but i cant see it that way yet. i dont see rcs on my android no option for it. just checked other android again no rcs mention anywhere. also i can send and receive from my old android to and from this iphone with old sim on old phone new sim on iphone. both are different sims from PM on android and apple and rcs possibly on? and that works my mothers android is videotron and does receive my text from iphone but iphone does not receive from that android. unless its in my old android. again thanks for input any further help or ideas would be appreciated.

@PixelPuppy 

As per @Dunkman 's post directing you to put your sim back in your android phone and turn off chat features. This is from support in my android phone.

Screenshot_20210610-064802~2.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PixelPuppy : iMessage and Android chat RCS have muddied the waters. Both can bypass standard SMS texting making them more like instant messaging and needing an internet connection. Your issue is with the phone not the service. Hopefully, some Apple folks will get you going with some more ideas. But kudos to you for doing all kinds of searching and trying.

PixelPuppy

honestly i am not seeing any text options such as rcs, i am using default app for simple texts. google search to enable rcs on android leads me to dead end, only text options i see is picking default app. i tried connecting to itunez on pc it didnt help. also this isnt a PM thing but i dont want itunez at all but ran into that infinite loop till i figured it out with google .... weird flex apple but ok. the loop  was fixed way before i tried to ask here, just texts not working. as far as the apn settings i only mentioned them because in most posts here i read somebody mentions it. again any further help is apreciated.

@PixelPuppy 

Try to put the PM SIM card in your old Android phone.  Turn off any android chat features with texts ( ie. RCS).  Then put the SIM card back to iPhone and reboot.  

You can also try to connect your iPhone to iTunes on a computer. That sometimes troubleshoots iPhone compatibility issues.  

You don't need to worry about APN settings.  APN is important for data, not text/talk.  With newer Apple, APN setting is automatic and no need to adjust.  

PixelPuppy

pk so there is some god some bad and some more bad. i have tried everything you advised before multiple times, however this time when i tapped use your apple id i got some error where before it did nothing, before all icould see is you can send receive .... freely from and number checked. now number and email are checked, also start new conversations from is there with number checked. It is the same in face time, still cannot get text from my mothers phone. its the only one i have access to atm besides my old phone. also i dont have any other apple products. Hopefully its a step forward, and i do appreciate the help.

@PixelPuppy wrote:

Old phone is an android, yes sms enabled.

@PixelPuppy 

Try this - Set up your phone number On your iPhone.

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

PixelPuppy

Old phone is an android, yes sms enabled.

PixelPuppy

well if i move sim back to android it works fine as usual, it doesn't in the iphone 11 furthermore it seems alot of people are having issues with iphones on PM, alot with issues involving texts. Furthermore it worked fine for my son on virgin, and the phone is not locked. i am interested in fixing the issue but its definitely related to PM. Yes in this case it probably should work as in other cases as well, but it doesnt. If i get my son to come and put his sim in the iphone if it works then what? is it my sim? it works on my android just fine. i just need help but all the info i can find ive tried.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@PixelPuppy wrote:

I moved my sim to an iphone 11 and cannot receive texts. I get texts from my other PM sim in other phone also seem to get text from an iphone user, but no other texts come in. I've checked all the settings i can they seem fine, i cannot see apn settings, only see it for personal hotspot. I've tried all settings that have been suggested in multiple places including this community forum. I've turned off and on imessage and facetime, rebooted phone, reset network etc. nothing is working to fix it, i can call out and receive calls, and can text out just not receive texts. please help i am about ready to go back to bell or even videotron.

It only happened after you moved your sim to the the iPhone 11? That's not a carrier issue. Going back to Bell or Videotron won't help. Is the old phone also an iPhone?  Deregister that phone from iMessage.  On your new phone, enabled SMS in th settings. 

Need Help? Let's chat.