cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incorrect data

aquarius5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I purchased my plan on the 17th, the store helped with setup of plan.  He login in to the wifi to do the setup.  But 220.645 of date was used on my account to do this? can this be corrected/reversed since I do not have much data for the 30day?  I'm not sure why this much data would have been used... he login into the service bar wifi 

5 REPLIES 5

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@aquarius5 hi contact customer support mods and explain what happened. also keep your mobile data off unless you really need to use it. don't leave it enabled 24/7

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "data wrong"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

@aquarius5 

Here's some advice I gave another member who happens to have full speed 4GLTE with one of the old grandfathered in plans pm used to offer but the data saving tips applies on any data speed.

Spoiler

Do you generally use that much data in a month? Or have you just been using a little more than usual the last couple of months? You do have full speed 4G LTE so some sites will use more data than throttled 4G LTE. Any sites with a lot of video such as YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram etc....can really suck your data dry especially if they are left on in the background.

You need to do some maintenance on your phone and monitor your data more closely and you will be able to keep within plan allotment. This is important as since you have discovered your plan was eliminated well over a year ago as was any opportunity to have full speed 4G LTE. This may be important to you to keep so changing your plan now means you will lose it and the full speed data forever.

I suggest you do the following and test out on your next 30 day cycle if it helps you stay within plan allotment. Set your data tracker and update the dates when a month has more or less than 30 days in it ( like October.) Set your data warning and data limiter. I have mine set at 25% ( warning) and 50% (limiter). This way when you've used 1.5gb you'll be warned....you can note to yourself.....are you one week into your plan? Or one day?!! Again at 50% (3gb) your data will shut off. Are you two weeks in? This also a chance to review your apps for data usage and see what's using most of your data and limit your use of the ones that are high users....and try to use them when you're on wifi only. Then reset these again remember that you now have 3gb left and set the warning and limiter accordingly.

If you have WiFi assist or the android equivalent enabled turn it off. You don't need to be using mobile data accidently when you have access to wifi. Go thru your apps and turn off all background data usage this is just a waste of data and you won't notice any real difference in your apps performance  (and you'll see how much data you're really wasting in background data usage.) Stay on top of this kind of data tracking and occasionally compare your phone's data tracking to the data counter in your account and you'll find it won't be off by much. You should be able to stay well within your data means...and keep your plan with full speed 4G LTE. 

@aquarius5 

Did anyone perform a speed test? If you ported your number in and had 4G LTE on your phone previously it can take up to 72 hours for your data to be throttled to 3G speeds. It can be easy to use that much data or more in a speed test with unthrottled data speeds.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@aquarius5 

Can you please check your data usage in your phone.

You can change start date to match the start of your plan.

Outer looks like you will have to tweak some apps

It's possible that once you got online apps started updating

You should restrict updates on WiFi only, even better disable auto so that you approve it manually

Disable WiFi assist, that's when data is used instead of weak WiFi

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@aquarius5

The PM data tracker is usually fairly accurate.  It is possible that the store wifi might have been weak and disconnected and the phone had to use its own data.  250 mb data is a minimal data allotment and it is easy to reach that level even by accident.  

You could buy a 1 GB data add on for $15.  Unused portion does roll over to next month.  

Need Help? Let's chat.