cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incorrect caller id

dasoyuf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I call home # xxxxxxxxxxxxxx from my cell xxxxxxxxxxxxcc the caller id showing for the house phone show cafe le bistro which is incorrect. It should state my name.

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk wrote:

AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

Yes. The shift key. 🙂 This thread is marked as solved.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@dasoyuf wrote:

When I call home # xxxxxxxxxxxxxx from my cell xxxxxxxxxxxxcc the caller id showing for the house phone show cafe le bistro which is incorrect. It should state my name.

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

Let’s break this down as it appears to be nonsensical. 

When I call home # xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

from my cell xxxxxxxxxxxxcc

YOUR HOME NUMBER SHOULD SHOW YOUR CALLER NUMBER ONLY FROM PM

the caller id showing for the house phone show cafe le bistro which is incorrect

THIS PART MAKES NO SENSE, PLEASE CLARIFY. .

It should state my name.

DITTO

Is your home phone from a wired Telco or VoIP?

Most phones pick up the NAME  from a contact list keyed in by YOU 

AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Check your contact list on mobile phone and home phone. Phone number vs name. 

You may have the wrong name against the phone number. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dasoyuf  That has nothing to do with Public Mobile. Whatever name lookup database your phone users is outdated. Best too add your number as part of your home phone's contacts to see if it resolves there problem.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @dasoyuf ,

This is a public forum, please edit your post to remove any personal information. To edit it, hit the 3 dots at top, right of your post.

Did you activate with a new number? Maybe this is who the number belonged to previously. Google it and see what it says.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dasoyuf wrote:

When I call home # xxxxxx from my cell xxxxxxxx the caller id showing for the house phone show cafe le bistro which is incorrect. It should state my name.

It will not state your name. Public Mobile only transmits your number. The recipient would only see your name if they have your number as a contact.

Need Help? Let's chat.