cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incoming text ok outgoing text no working

roberto24
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i have some issues with  outgoing texts no working but incoming are ok.i do not know what is going on .i tried  many things  and no luck. i am in public mobile for 6 month and never have a problem. iam using a motorola moto e  and i tried on another phone and not luck. it no logic.plese some body tell me what is the issue? it is a little frustrating

15 REPLIES 15

roberto24

I already  change  my sim card and voilà,everything is working again.anyway thanks for your help.much appreciated

[sometimes a SIM does fail ....... Luddite]

Did you recently port a number in?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@roberto24 wrote:

i have some issues with  outgoing texts no working but incoming are ok.i do not know what is going on .i tried  many things  and no luck. i am in public mobile for 6 month and never have a problem. iam using a motorola moto e  and i tried on another phone and not luck. it no logic.plese some body tell me what is the issue? it is a little frustrating

@roberto24 

If you do have Chat Features, I would suggest turning them off:

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options
    Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

Ensure your 'motorola moto e' is install with the latest software updates.

Reboot your phone after any updates are completed.

@darlicious wrote:

I absolutely hate chat features and just discovered yet again I have some how enabled them on my phone....wasting my data unnecessarily and getting sent nowhere because no one I know has RCS.

I do not find that 'chat' feature on my Android Moto E4.

And if it works through Internet then what is the point having PM service at all?
Use app for phone/SMS through WiFi and save money...

@roberto24 

What colour are your message bubbles? Light blue or dark blue? You may have enabled chat features by accident and if you have no data left or your mobile data is not enabled (on) you will not be able to send chat messages.

@0PX9O4 

I absolutely hate chat features and just discovered yet again I have some how enabled them on my phone....wasting my data unnecessarily and getting sent nowhere because no one I know has RCS.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@t_p wrote:

@roberto24 

Something you can try:

Download and install Messages app from Google Play, set it as default and see if you can send texts with it.

Good suggestion! Messages will allow you to enable "chat features". Enabling only requires access to an incoming verification message. After that, your outgoing texts to other Messages users with "chat features" enabled will be sent through the internet, bypassing Public Mobile altogether.

@roberto24 

Something you can try:

Download and install Messages app from Google Play, set it as default and see if you can send texts with it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@roberto24 

go to messages app. ..and clear Cache and Data. 

@roberto24 wrote:

i did it before.no working

@roberto24    Contact customer support either via the chatbot or through this link:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

roberto24

i did it before.no working

roberto24

i do not have iphone.mine in android

roberto24

that no the problem.thank anyway

Anonymous
Not applicable

@roberto24 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do again Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

@Anonymous wrote:

@roberto24 

for iphone  go to Settings > Messages > To turn iMessage on or off, 

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

make sure your Data is on.

@Anonymous   OP says he's using a Motoralla phone.

@roberto24   Didn't you accept a solution (mine, as a matter of fact) yesterday with the same issue.  Perhaps submit a ticket to customer support by clicking the chatbot bubble bottom right of screen to take a look at your account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@roberto24 

for iphone  go to Settings > Messages > To turn iMessage on or off, 

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

make sure your Data is on.

Need Help? Let's chat.